Elijah was standing directly behind the door, smiling at Elena and Lily as he leaned against the wall.

"Hey, I'm Elijah." Elijah stated, acting as if he had no clue who they were. Lily swallowed the lump in her throat, meeting his gaze, as her mouth parted slightly. Lily had no idea why he was there, in their house. That meant he was invited in, which was not good.

"Elijah's in town doing research on Mystic Falls." Jenna informed them, taking the boxes from their arms to set on the counter. Elena and Lily both stood there, still shocked that Elijah was in their house.

"It's a pleasure." Elijah spoke up, walking over to Elena and Lily so he was only a few inches away. He held out his hand to Elena first, and she was hesitant to take it. But, she reluctantly shook his hand anyway, knowing Jenna would think it was weird if she didn't.

Elijah then turned to Lily, holding his hand out as he offered her a smile. Elijah would be lying if he said he wasn't intrigued by the eldest Gilbert. Lily simply gave him a tight-lipped smile in return, shaking his hand as she looked up into his eyes.

Lily didn't know what it was about his eyes that drew her in. They were just so piercing and mysterious. She hated herself for even thinking like that, but she couldn't help it.

"You know, you're welcome to stay here and rummage through this stuff. Or, Elena, Lily and I could help you load it into your car." Jenna offered, walking over to stand next to Elena and Lily.

Elijah turned to her, smiling slightly as he looked down at her.

"Yeah, or I could get someone to pick it up tomorrow." Elijah replied, shrugging his shoulders as if it was no big deal. Of course it wasn't, since he could compel anyone to do it for him.

"Also a good plan." Jenna said, laughing slightly as she spoke.

"Thank you so much for inviting me into your home, Jenna." Elijah followed Jenna to the doorway, and Elena and Lily glanced at each other again. He clearly only said that because he wanted them to know that he could come in at anytime.

"And, Elena, Lily." Elijah spoke up, turning to face them as Lily crossed her arms. "I hope to see you again sometime soon." He glanced over the both of them before saying goodbye to Jenna and walking out the door.

"Stay here with Jenna, I just need to go make sure Jeremy is okay." Elena said quietly to Lily, making sure Jenna didn't hear. Lily nodded slightly, watching as her sister went upstairs.

"So.. He seems nice." Lily spoke up, clearing her throat slightly as Jenna shut the door.

"Oh, yeah, he's been really helpful." Jenna smiled at Lily, breathing out softly before meeting her gaze.

"I don't know about you, but I am starving." Jenna said, causing Lily to laugh softly. "I'm gonna make some dinner, do you want some?" Jenna asked, and Lily nodded, kind of glad she was going to make it instead of her. Lily knew she was a terrible cook.

"Yeah, that sounds great." Lily said, biting her lower lip as she thought of Elena. "I'll go see if Elena wants some." Her aunt nodded, walking into the kitchen to go clean up and then prepare dinner.

Lily quickly made her way towards the stairs, silently praying that Elijah hadn't touched Jeremy. But, as she reached the bottom of the stairs, she ran directly into her brother.

"Jeremy, are you okay?" Lily asked, quickly scanning her eyes over him to make sure he was alright.

"Um.. yeah, I'm fine. I'm just going to help Jenna with the boxes." He replied, giving Lily a confused look. She quickly nodded, smiling to cover up what she was thinking.