..one..

"You'll never love me but I believe you when you say it like that."

Prologue

Y/n was free falling. The sun was long gone and in its place the moon and stars stationed themselves. Moonlight illuminated the curves and dips in her face, her features accentuated by shadows and her eyes highlighted by light.

As y/n fell backwards she outstretched her arms, exhaling as her eyes closed. Opening them again, she watched as the tip of the sky scraper she jumped from got further and further away. Gravity tilted her body, bringing the legs of her spider suit in sight as she fell. The blue, black, and red of her suit contrasted against the nightly city lights that zoomed past behind her vision.

Y/n let the nightly air wash over her body, covering her suit without the mask. Then finally as she was seconds from reaching the ground, she outstretched her hand, a silky rope of webbing shooting out to the nearest building.

The webbing anchored her falling, swinging her back upwards, the blue tips of her high tops scraping the city streets. The web pulled y/n back up into the air, giving her a single moment of absolute stillness, right before the momentum pulled her back down again.

She rinsed and repeated this process all through the quiet streets of New York. Y/n let out joyous laughter and squeals of excitement as she took to the sky. She knew swinging without her mask was risky, especially when she was making so much noise, but in that moment she couldn't care less. She felt alive, free, content. Feelings she sometimes craved.

Caught up in doing a graceful backflip, she opened her eyes and looked down. There was someone far below her, walking the city streets alone. They looked familiar, with a little squint, y/n realized it was her best friend, Miles.

His eyes were automatically glued to hers.

Shit.

Not knowing what else to do, y/n waved and quickly swung away, hoping it was too dark out for him to have seen her face. She kept moving steadily, her heart beating rapidly.

Down on the street, miles looked up to where the girl once was. He didn't see her mask, but he didn't see her face either. Night spider waved at him... she waved at him! Immediately he started running to Aaron's place, excited to call y/n and tell her what just happened.
________________________________

Here is the reader's Spidey suit

Here is the reader's Spidey suit. (I drew this myself :))