..nineteen.

"Who will dance on the floor in the round?"

Y/n was almost silent as she swung by Miles' side, doging, weaving, and ducking under the multitude of spidermen grabbing at them.

She noticed that every once and a while, Miles would turn around, eyes searching the air until his eyes landed on y/n, making sure she hadn't left him.

Y/n followed him down to the underlayer of roadways, swinging through the winding highways until the two of them were snatched up by the back of their suits.

Y/n landed with her back against a bridge suspension, and infront of her was her father, Mayday strapped to his chest.

"Guys please-"

"Nu-uh, let me go." Miles said, immediately looking for a way to proceed.

"Running is CRAZY." Peter said.

"Running is the least crazy thing to do right now!" Miles replied.

"I feel bad!" Peter began as Miles began to crawl away, y/n following.
"But this is just how things go!"

"No." Miles said.

"Youre not going to win here! Just slow down!" Peter yelled

"Will you hold my baby?" He said suddenly, holding Mayday up by her torso.

Miles stopped, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.
"what?"

"Can you just give her one squeeze, then we can talk, because I really think its gonna change your vibe-"

"NO" Miles yled, beginning to walk away again.

"Its very rejuvenating!"

"Im pleanty juvenated!"

"Will you please just go chest to chest with this mgical child?!"

Y/n pushed past him, following miles into an air regulator area.

"You two are the reason I had her!" Peter yelled.

"I thought if I did a decent job raising her, there was a chance she'd come out like you. And that got me excited because you are wonderful people!!! And I like being around you !!!"

"...then why did you never come visit...?" y/n said softly, looking down at the ground.

"...I couldn't."

"I wanted to be with you guys so bad...but this isnt what I thought it was." Miles mumbled.

"Look, bad things are going to happen, it makes us who we are." Peter began, sitting between the two.
"But good things happen too."

"Like you happened." He looked over at y/n, placing his arm around her shoulder.

"And you happened." He looked at Miles.

"And she happened." Peter looked down at Mayday.

The baby smiled, crawling into Miles' lap. Miles stood, awkwardly holding Mayday in his hands.

"You are so bad at holding a baby!" Peter laughed, placing his hand affectionately on his shoulder.

Then his watch beeped.

"Got your location peter" The mechanical voice rang out.

Y/n's face dropped.

"Wait wait wait wait no, you do NOT have my location!" Peter yelled into the watch.

"Wait! I didnt know! Guys wait!" He pleaded, watching as Miles began to pull the grate floor of the room up to reveal what was under.

"Y/n please.." Peter grabbed her bicep.

Y/n said nothing, only snatching her arm away from him and jumping down into the tunnel in the floor, Miles following.

______

"Everyone keeps telling me how MY story is supposed to go" Miles began, gripping Miguel's shoulders with force. Y/n watched as his suite began to glitch under Miles' hold. Her hands were strong as she gripped his ankle, crawling up his torso and latching onto his back.

"Nah, Imma do my own thing."

Miles placed his hand onto Miguel's chest, effectively shocking him out and sending him barreling down the length of the train.

Y/n detached herself the moment Miguel was sent flying, and she quickly flicked her wrist to Miles chest, pulling him to her.

He wrapped his arms around her as the two of them fell out of the magnetic field and back down to the spider hq.

____

Y/n stood still infront of the Go-home Machine, watching as a field materialized around Miles.

"What are you doing..?" Miles almost whispered.

Y/n didn't reply, still just watching. The screen above Miles read '42'

what is that number for...?

"We've got to go home, y/n cmon!"

Y/n's eyes caught his.

"Im not even sure I want to go home anymore." She said softly.

In the distance she could hear someone sprinting towards her. She knew it had to be Miguel, she didnt know another spider who would barrel through halways with the ferocity he did.

She turned, and in the very far distance she could see him, throwing things aside to reach them.

"Well you cant stay here." Miles mumbled.

"I know."

The machine began a count down, preparing to send Miles back to his universe.

Miguel was close, closer than before.

5

4

3

2

Just as Miguel's breath fanned the back of her neck, Miles stretched a web out and pulled y/n into the machine. At the last second, the spiderman's claws batted at her, but were only able to scrape her arm and snap the daypass around her wrist.

Miles held her to his chest as the portal opened and they were pushed inside.