..twenty..

"Weighed down by morning, in my birthday suit."

Miles and y/n all but stumbled back into their universe.

It was dark and rainy out, and a bit colder than she expected it to be.

As soon as Miles' feet hit the ground, he was on the move. Y/n assumed he was going home.

I know he's panicked. He's going the long way.

Yet still, she threw on her mask and began to follow him, swinging with a lot less force this time. She tailed him all the way back to his apartment, perching herself on his window seal just after he crashed through the window of his room.

She watched as he gained his bearings, sitting up and rubbing his head softly. Miles removed his mask, looking over at y/n and expecting her to do the same.

But she didnt.

"I was wrong." He said suddenly.

Y/n cocked her head to the side.

"I was so wrong." He stared at her seriously.
"It really is just me and you. Like how its always been."

Miles stood up.

"You've spent so much time running around and fixing my problems... and Ive never properly thanked you for it."

His hands twitched nervously.

"so thank you, y/n. and Im sorry...and I love you.... and if youre still mad at me, I get it... but you are one of the best things in my life, and the only person who understands." He breathed.

"Please forgive me y/n."

Miles stood still, staring at her, and waiting for an answer.

Y/n took a deep breath.

"I-"

She was cut off by a sharp pain in her head. Y/n yelped as her body began to glitch, her hands flying up to hold her forehead as she was suddenly put off balance.

Miles' eyes widened as she fell backwards out of the window. And when he ran over to where she had been sitting and looked down, her body was gone. The only evidence there was that she had been there at all, was a dark blur wooshing past under the window.

Miles placed his foot on the window seal, ready to chase after it, but then,

"Miles?" He flinched at the sound of his mother at his bedroom door, and when he opened his eyes, the dark shadow was gone.

____