"Unfortunately, it all won't matter in the end," Void Scarlett adds.

I spin around. "Were?"

He gestures and one of them stabs him through the chest. He clenches his teeth and I feel a sharp pain shoot through me. Derek catches me in his arms. I see Void Stiles' wound heal completely. I see Derek go back into full wolf form. He helps me to my feet and I step closer to the two Voids. "Why another me? You possessed Stiles."

He smiles, like usual. "I needed someone close to him."

"Why not Scott? Or Malia?"

"Neither of them mean as much to him as you do."

I squint my eyes. "How do you know?"

"I was in his head. I know all his secrets and feelings. He cares for you more than you can imagine."

Void Scarlett steps forward. "No romantic feelings, yet it seems you two have a bond too strong to break."

I start to back away, toward the school. "Derek!"

As soon as I run, he and the twins charge forward. I manage to go towards the door and run in a snowy opening. I see Scott, Kira, Lydia and Stiles surrounded by Oni and the bandaged man standing in front of me. He turns and chuckles.

I hurry past and literally fall into Scott's arms. "What is this? Where are we?" Scott asks.

"Between life and death," the nogitsune replies.

"Bardo," Lydia whispers.

"You're dying Stiles and Scarlett. And now everyone you care about is dying too. I've captured almost all the territories of the woods. The hospital, the sheriff station and now the animal clinic. But let's not forget Derek Hale."

I start to weep. "Why are you doing this?"

"Do you know the Seppuku ritual?"

"No," Stiles replies. "I don't think I want to."

"It's from Japan, Stiles. The samurai would stab himself in the stomach to disembowel but it is the Samurai's trusted friend or 'kaishakunin' who would then finish him off by beheading," I explain.

"Very good, Scarlett." The nogitsune has cast Scott as me and Stiles' kaishakunin and says everyone will die unless Scott kills Stiles and me in that manner. Stiles asks him why and the creature says, "To win the game."

Me, Stiles and Lydia duck for cover. The garden is alive with the sound of Kira's katana and Scott's growls as they battle the four Oni as the nogitsune watches. The four Oni begin to get the upper hand against Kira and Scott. Kira loses her katana in the snow.

Stiles manages to recover Kira's sword and makes as if to stab himself. I take my claws and put them on my stomach. "Stiles! Scarlett! No!" Scott exclaims.

"What if it saves you? What if it saves all of you?"

"What if this is just another trick?" Lydia suggests.

"No more tricks, Lydia. End it, Scott. Let your friend and your sister fall on their own sword. Or do what you can do but they cannot do for themselves. Do it, Scott. Give up the game."

I prepare my claws and Stiles grips the sword. I glance at the reflective surface of the sword and see a textbook in the snow. I look at Stiles and we both look back and see a snow-covered classroom desk in one corner of the garden. "You have no moves left," the nogitsune says.

"We do," I say.

Stiles throws the sword back to Kira. I grip his hand. "A divine move," we both say.