Reddie-prom dress

Angst I Guess?  Also people suck.  A lot.

Also, it's based on mxmtoon's prom dress. 

Eddie sat on the floor of his room.  He looked at himself in the mirror while he puffed away on his inhaler.  

Tears were steadily falling down his face.  He went to prom last year, but everything was different.  For starters, Eddie went with the whole Loser's gang.  Now he was going with just Richie.  And that was perfect, except people in Derry suck ass.  Last year he also went in a suit, even though it was pink.

This year Eddie decided to wear a dress.  It was a beautiful light pink and covered in flowers to match.  The sleeves sat off of his shoulders and the dress fell to the floor.  The skirt was very poofy and looked elegantly large on Eddie's small frame.

Eddie even wore makeup that made him look like a princess.  His look was finished off with some matching flats so that he wouldn't trip over heels.  

But Eddie was scared.  He expected people would bully him and ruin Richie and his' special night.  And living in Derry that was an expectation that would be met.  He was having a panic attack because Richie would surely be at his house soon and he didn't know what to do.

Arriving just on time, Eddie heard a knock on the front door that without a doubt belonged to Richie.  And soon after hearing the sound of someone coming up the stairs, there was a knock on his bedroom door.

"Ed's, sweetheart?"  Richie cracked the door open and revealed the most beautiful thing he had ever laid his eyes on.  There sat Eddie in a mass of tulle and flowers.  His looks could rival that of any Disney princess. But there was one thing wrong.  Eddie was crying.

"Eddie Spaghetti.  What's wrong love? Why are you crying?" Richie knelt down in front of the crying boy and held his hand in his own while wiping away tears with another.

"I- I c-c-c-can't do I-it", he sobbed. 

"Can't do what darling?."  Richie's heart broke at the sound of his other half crying.  His eyes lovingly gazed into the other boy's teary ones.

"I can't d-d-do thi-is."  Eddie gestured to Richie and himself.

"Wait are you breaking up with me noodlehead?"  Richie started to get scared.

"No!  No no nononononononono!  God no Rich.  I love you so much!  I would never ever leave you.  I meant prom.  I'm scared.  I'm scared of what other people might do."

"You had me scared there Edward.  But it's okay that you're scared.  You know what, I have an idea.  Where's your AirPods?"(this is set in a present-day AU where IT never happened)  Richie started to get up and look around.

"They're on my bedside table.  Why?  What are you doing Rich?"

"You'll see in just a minute.  Here take this."  Richie handed Eddie an AirPod that was already playing some slow romantic song that he'd never heard before.  Richie then pulled Eddie up to his feet and led him out to Eddie's back porch.  

The night was perfect.  The stars were out and it wasn't chilly.  

The couple started swaying to the music, and then suddenly Richie spun Eddie.  The air was filled with laughter from both of them.  This carried on for a while until they were both tired. 

Eddie's head rested on Richie's shoulder with his eyes close.  It was peaceful.  They swayed the music once more.  Then as the song came to an end Eddie leaned up to give Richie a slow and sweet kiss.  "What was that for?"  Richie wondered aloud.

"That was because I love you."

Eddie was starting to think that maybe missing out on prom wasn't such a big mistake.

Ok so maybe that wasn't really angsty or based off the song but whatever.  I thought it was cute.  

Also sorry I haven't posted anything in over a year.  Maybe I should change my name from thatonedudewhowrites to thatonedudethatsitsaroundanddoesnothingallday.