Chapter 16: Stalemated

Começar do início

Ah, so it really is someone from the Garnet Palace. Then I get goosebumps all over my body as I feel a tingle in my spine.

"Your Majesty, we should..." I heard a voice from afar thanks to my enhanced senses.

Crap! They're walking again??

"Raven, let's play in the field near the wizard tower!" I suggested and he jumps up all excited with his tongue out.

'Yes!'

SWISH

"Phew. Ok... Raven" I pat myself to confirm that I'm still not too old.

'Master, you have gotten bigger and prettier!' Raven licks my face as I try to get him off.

"Stop flattering me!~" I giggled and played with him.

Still, I had troubling thoughts haunting me. If I'm right, each day is like a year for me. Which means I have about 90 days to live until I find a solution. I need to get rid of my mana quickly... My lifespan is limited...

Then Raven stops and goes into his attacking position with his ears all the way up. 'An intruder!'

Shoot, are there wizards here? I thought this tower is stranded too but I guess not. "Sigh. Raven no need to be like that. We're the intruders here" I pat his head and calm him. "We should go..."

He sniffs and looks at me. 'May I go in there to mark my territory?'

I gave him a weird face and allowed him to. "Sure... but alert me if you get in trouble"

'Ok!' Raven goes into the forest and I lay down on the ground while looking up at the sky.

Then a minute later, I sat up and picked flowers. Raven sure is taking long just marking his territory... I began making a flower crown. "I wonder how big father's head is" I murmured to myself.

*TIME SKIP* - Minutes Later -

I finished the flower crown and looked at the forest where Raven went into but never came out. "Raven?" I whistled to get him out.

He didn't and I got concerned. I stood up and dropped the flower crown as I kept my eyes on the mysterious forest. He's probably lost so I should check on him.

"Silly wolf" I reassured myself that he's not in danger because he's trained to fight and even use magic. So he should be able to take care of some people unless... they're... "oh no"

An image of Raven dying appeared in my mind which was enough to trigger my senses. I used a spell to trace and locate Raven as I ran through the forest. But my magic traced him someplace far from here. It was in the field of the Ruby Palace. "How did Raven even get there??" I questioned.

I teleported to where my magic tells me to be in but the curse takes effect and forces me to appear in the sky. "Argh!" My magic fights against me and harms my body as I fall down.

Considering how I could see all the palaces from this distance, I'll probably die. Ow! My magic goes crazy as many small lightning bolts electrocute my skin while falling to the ground. Is this how I'm going to die? By falling to my death to the place where I was raised in?

I took a deep breath and engaged all my muscles in my body as I thought about my last words.

"... MOOOTTTHHHEERRRFUUUCCKKKERRRR!!!!!!!!!" I yelled out all my might and continued. "SHHHITTTTYYYY NOOOVVEEELLL ISSSS DUUUMMBBB!!!"

*Meanwhile* ~ Unknown POV ~

"Wow, you're a feisty one" I laugh in amusement at the growling holy beast. "I can't wait for you to be a part of me" I teased it and he barks at me.