Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Over a year later I was still scared of men. I thought back to three weeks after the accident.

Flasback

The knock on my door made me jump. I grabbed the baseball bat at the door. It knocked again.But this time someone spoke.

"Amanda put down that damn basball bat and answer the door! it's me, Cindy!"

I opened the door to see an exasperated Cindy. She was wearing a cap over her blond hair. Her sweatpants hung low on her hips. Her grey sweater was baggy over her tight white t-shirt. In her hand was two coffees and a Tim Hortons pastry bag. I now know why she came over here. Today was our monthly mall crawl. Well it was now our every two month mall crawl but monthly mall crawl sounded batter. We've been doing this since we were in 9th grade. I was not in the mood at all.

"Cindy... no I can't. I'm not up to it right now." She pushed past me as i spoke.

"Come on! you need to get out. Have some fun and take your mind off of the incident." she wrinkled her nose. "maybe even take a bath while you're at it."

I had to laugh. That was the first time I laughed in three weeks.

"I got you to smile! Now come and eat and then we'll go." She started taking out muffins, cookies and all sorts of fattie pastries out of the bag. "Amanda! you know you want them."

and i did. i sat beside her on the couch. We ate and talked like crazy. I was starting to feel much better.

About an hour later we were at the mall. i dragged Cindy into a store called Hipsters. I remember vowing that i'd never shop in this store but here i was, looking at the ugliest clothes in the history of ugly clothes. As I browsed Cindy tried to convince me that i was making a terrible mistake. I spent $200 on my new ugly wardrobe.

End Of Flashback

I sighed. I need to occupy my mind. It was a nice day outside. I grabbed a book, my cell phone and an ice cold drink. As I went out to the front patio I noticed a strange car in the front yard of Mr. Greenly's house. His nurse, Emily, told me that his family moved him into a nursing home. Such a shame. I liked him.

I put him and everything else out of my mind as i read my book

Seth's POV

This house is beautiful I thought to myself, as I walked around my new front yard. It was my granfather's. He lived here with my grandmother for 50 years. My grandmother died from lung cancer five years ago. My grandfather almost died from grief. He kept himself together for five years. One day last week his live in nurse told us that he was crying himself to sleep, sleep walking and he pretended that my grandma Maggie was still alive. According to her this started right after the death of his wife. She didn't say anything because she thought it stopped. But one night when she checked on him she found him talking to himself. Or so she thought. He was talking to the ghost of Maggie Greenly. This has been going on for five whole years. Grandad George was put into a nursing home and his leave in nurse was fired.

i sighed.This house brought on some memories that i didn't want to think about. I wondered how long i could put them off since i was living here now...

As i walked up to the front door, I saw a woman sitting on the patio of the next house. Wow, she's gorgeous. Even though she was drowning in the frumpiest dress I've ever seen, I could tell she had a nice figure.

Her long brown hair fell over her delicate shoulders as she read her book. The line between her eyes told me that she was in deep concentration.

I think I'll go say hello.