Chapter 1: The train ride to a new life

Ava's POV

I got on the train and immediately ran to a train car with no one in it. i heard Liam behind me and squealed. he sat in the car with me and laughed. we were waiting for Sarah, so i took my book out until the door swung open. i saw Sarah and we both started dancing. as we watched the leaves go by, i saw a boy with dark colored hair go by and waved. he did wave back but then walked away. after the boy, a cart came around and Liam bought us candy. i got cauldron cakes, and Sarah got Chocoballs. after 2 naps and a few books later, we made it. the castle was beautiful, and the scenery was even better. i took my camera out and took a picture of the beautiful masterpiece. once we got there, me, Sarah, and Liam all huddled together for a group hug. once we walked in, i grabbed for my camera, and saw the hat. i had read in a book about the history of Hogwarts that

________________________________________________________________________

A/N

This was taken from a website i found, and if i need to take it down, i will, and will revise the story so this piece is not there, however i will credit this website. harrypotter.fandom.com is a website where i find most of my facts about Hogwarts, and the harry potter franchise. Ok! i'm going to be quiet now! Keep on reading!

____________________________________________________________________________

 "In the early years of Hogwarts, prospective students were chosen or assigned personally by the four founders themselves. However, they realized that they would have to find an alternative once they had died and so came up with the idea of the Sorting Hat, which he and the other three enchanted with their combined prowess to review and assign future generations long after they were dead, and thus the Sorting ceremony was born." 

I was always interested in magic tricks, and weird things always happened to me, and when i got my letter to Hogwarts... saying i was excited is an understatement. Liam came over and we were both jumping around the house and then Sarah came and they both told me about Hogwarts. my parents however, lets just say they were confused. Liam's mom was over with Sarah's family trying to explain how it worked, and i was just jumping with joy. that was one of the first times that my mom was curious enough to step foot back in the house.

"Liam Gunther!" i watched Liam walk up, and when he sat, i clicked a picture of him with the sorting hat. The entire school started to whisper, and finally the hat yelled "Must be a Gryffndor!!" I saw that goofy smile on his face, and i knew that he was where he wanted to be. I watched him quickly sit down at his table and smile at me.  

 before i knew it i heard "Sarah Wick!" she scurried up and i clicked a few pictures and i saw her take a deep breath. i smiled at her and she grinned back telling me she was okay. i watched her eyes widen, and i saw her smile before the hat yelled "Ravenclaw for this one!" she quickly shot towards me and hugged me.

 3 or 4 more kids went, then i heard "Ava Samson!" i grabbed for my camera and realized that Sarah probably got it. i walked up to the hat slowly, and sat down. i heard the shutter on the camera and just focused on that for the time being. after what felt like forever, the hat was on my head and i heard whispering. "i see you are a muggle born... don't think you should be in Slytheryn... Gryffndor would be a good fit... no.. Hufflepuff. that is what i think. "Hufflepuff!" i smiled, and everyone just looked at me like i was crazy.

 A few minutes after my turn, Headmaster Armando Dippet waved his hand and food appeared. everyone dug in, and some just disregarded manners, however, so many people didn't use manners, that you couldn't tell. after most of us have had our fill, The headmaster releases Gryffndor first, as Liam walks past, he gives me the biggest hug ever. then Slytherin goes by and i see a boy that looks like a third year walk by. i think he was Sarah's brother. 

After Slytherin goes by, I see Ravenclaw go by, and Sarah hands me my camera. we hug, then she walks off with 2 boys and 2 girls. looks like she has already made friends. Then i hear the headmaster tell our prefect to show us to our dormitory. I walked in and immediately layed on the bed.

  the girl who came in after me was a girl who looked like she was a makeup girl, however, she was nice. "hey! im Emilia!" i looked at her and said "Ava." and smiled. she looked at me then the bed and sighed, "i swear, i have been waiting all day for sleep." she said, then plopped onto her bed. i just starred at her and she laughed, "im only kidding, i wanna get to know you! you seem nice..." and she burst into laughter. i started giggling and that only made her laugh more! "you sound *laugh* like a freaking *laugh* pig *laugh*" and i started laughing so much that tears were streaming out of my eyes.

Once we calmed down, she told me her parents divorced, and her mom was the cause, but she didn't look very shaken. she just looked sad. i told her about my mom, and my mom leaving too, but she looked understanding. "at least we have something somewhat common." she slightly smiled, but it wavered when she looked at the clock. we both said goodnight and put our nightgowns on. i went into bed and pulled the curtains shut. i sat and started writing like i do every night. finally i drifted off to sleep thinking about what my year would be like...