Chapter 2 - Quest for Survival

Enough of thinking back, made me kinda sad, today, 5th of April 2025, it's been a while since society completely crashed, even though COVID-19 isn't around anymore, some people just didn't came back to their senses, the world never went back to what it was before..

  People after so much trouble, so many problems, refused to go back to their old lives and embraced this new way of life, even if there are enough people alive to attempt to start some sort of community again, they just refuse it, I guess they like living in the middle of what once was community, where people were ruled over by a higher authority, now the only ruler is the waste of whats left of the planet, most animals now rule the towns, the world became theirs after so many years without humans being involved in their lives.

  Our supplies are low, I've heard rumors of some sort of market located in the area before known as "Carreguetto", known to be a black town, I figured abandoned, but I guess not, with such few supplies, we can't just stay here awaiting death, talked to my mom about going there, it being the only way to return to a non-starving diet, she refuses, as the trip would kill my grandmother, who can barely walk, walking all those Kilometers, if we took her we wouldn't make it in time, we would end up starving before reaching our destination, any form of vehicle is utterly useless, the roads have too much rubble.

 I suggest for me to part in my journey with the bare minimum for survival of that distance, she doesn't want to lose me, but we're out of options, so I go to my room pack some things and leave on my journey expecting to return home soon to save my family, my mother kisses me goodbye as she sheds tears, hugs me and tells me to be careful.

.

.

.

.

Day: 5 Night

I've reached an intersection, it's getting late, it's dangerous, gotta look out for night hunters, mounted my tent, ate 1/4 of a can of beans and it's time for bed, gotta wake up early to take advantage of the most of the day possible, see you tomorrow.

.

.

.

.

Month: April

Day: 7 Night

That night, I was caught by Night Hunters (guys in some sort of hazard suit with N/vision goggles) they tried to steal from me and take advantage of me, as a lone small boy in the middle of the night, an easy prey, or so they thought, I'm so tired, been running from them for 2 days straight, left my tent and some supplies behind, I'm not even sure if I'll make by tonight. Found an old apartment building looks too beat up to have someone living in here, will do one last route to make sure the building is empty.

.

.

 Building looks clear, beat up or not, better than in the middle of the street, at least here I'm probably safe from animals, but I'm not sure of Night Hunters, they might look here before outside..I'll sleep inside an broken couch, very unlikely place to hide I think, hope I make it through tonight.

Day: 8 Sun Rise

 Looks like I wasn't caught, there seem to someone have been here last night, I can see another set of footprints among the dusty floor, looks like all my belongings are intact, time to hit the road.

.

.

 I don't know why I'm writing but it seems more exiting even though its stupid, I'm currently hiding behind a flipped car, I see what seems to be some sort of gang, blocking the road, they all have guns, I only have a knife, and I'm alone 1v3, I'll try to sneak pass them.. Wish me luck.

.

.

.

Day: 9 Morning

 They...... I have to stay on my way, at least they let me keep my stuff.. some of it.. I will never get back, they.. took advantage of me, this is what prison feels like, all the jokes about it, there is nothing fun about this!

.

.

 I didn't manage to sneak pass them, my fat ass useless, broke a fucking branch and how fun.. I don't even want to think about it, I'm not really sure where Carreguetto is but I think I'm on the right way, not sure how longer it'll take, even with such few meals and eating so little, I'm running out, I'll try to find something today.to do list.

- Find Food 

- Find shelter for the night/tent

- Find some sort of directions and how long to get there.

Day: 10 Sun Rise

 I didn't get any sleep last night, gonna stop a while to rest even if just my feet, found some spoiled cans of Tuna, better than starving I guess, I'm inside a burnt up car, not good but better was pretty hard, found a direction sign on the ground, I'm going the right way, just a few more KMs to go, I can't stop now, my family depends on it... Alot of noise can be heard from a distance I think I'm getting close.

.

.

.

Day: 10 Night Fall

I've made it, can barely stay on my feet, better head into town, check for a place to sleep it off, even if I have to pay for it... Found a house, the guy at the door was nice and said I could pay on my way out, he didn't say what or how, better think of something, night night.