𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈. LOVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIXLOVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
LOVE

§ § §

"Madam Pomfrey, let us go!" I urged. "It's the last day, and Harry and I are fine!" I exclaimed, glaring at Harry, who nodded quickly.

"Fine!" The nurse shook her head. "You two were possessed by the Dark Lord himself!"

I gave her one more pleading look before she gave in. I turned to Harry. "I'd love to walk with you, but..."

"I know," he sighed. "Go find Malfoy."

I smirked and hugged him quickly, then raced out of the hospital wing. I acknowledged a few people in the halls as I ran through them. I waved to a few of my classmates, and even high-fived bitchy Anna who now idolized me ever since the Prophet released the article of Harry and I fighting Voldemort.

Stopping outside the entrance to the Slytherin common room, I took a deep breath before saying the password and walking in.

Everyone seemed to be a statue. All movement and talking ceased the second they all saw me. I laughed as Pansy practically jumped on me, hugging me tightly. Blaise joined and the three of us held a group hug.

"Oh my Merlin, Giovanna!" Pansy breathed. "I was so worried!"

"Really glad you're alright, mate," Blaise add as I pulled away from the two. I smiled and nodded at them before they were shoved away by an eighteen year old.

"You didn't even say a word!" Eli exclaimed, his voice shaking, his eyes red from crying. "You bitch! What if you died, huh? You didn't even think of me!"

"I'm sorry," I giggled. "Would you really be so upset?"

Eli bent his knees and made eye contact with me, dead serious. "I would be so fucking upset, Giovanna Potter. I love you, bitch."

I laughed, tears filling my eyes as I rushed forward and hugged Eli tightly, in which he returned. "I love you, Eli. I promise I'll tell you everything from now on, okay?" I said, and I could feel him nod.

I would have stayed there, hugging Eli, forever, but someone cleared their throat behind Eli. The older boy quickly stood to his full height and released me, stepping aside to reveal a very sleep-deprived blonde.

Taking a step forward, I opened my mouth, but no words came out. Draco tried to say something, but words failed him, too. So, instead, we crashed into each other, hugging so tightly I thought I would pass out from lack of oxygen.

We stayed like that for well over five minutes until we pulled away, tears leaving tracks on both of our faces. "I could say it, but I'm afraid I say it too much the words've lost meaning," Draco said. "But I love you."

"Lose meaning?" I laughed. "They mean everything to me. Draco, you saved my life. If I didn't have you... if we didn't love each other... he would've gotten me."

Draco said nothing more, and pressed his lips to mine. It was our longest and most emotion-filled kiss yet. Relief, sadness, fear, happiness, and love, all compiled into one motion.

We pulled apart for air, smiling at one another. Only to lean back in to kiss again.

However, all the happy feelings from before were gone the second Harry and I stepped into Dumbledore's office after the feast.

"I know how you both feel," Dumbledore said as we sat across from him. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"No you don't." Harry shook his head. "It's our fault." 

I bit my lip and looked out the window, trying to stop myself from crying over what had happened again.

"No," Dumbledore told us. "The fault is mine. I knew it was only a matter of time before Voldemort made the connections between all of you. I thought by distancing myself from the both of you, as I have done all year, you'd be less tempted. And, therefore, you might be more protected."

"The prophecy said that two cannot survive while the other one lives," I said. "It means one of us is gonna have to die, in the end."

"Yes," Dumbledore nodded. "And you must make sure that it is Voldemort that does."

"But it says that she will join," Harry glanced at me. "Because we both can't be pure and both be alive."

"I think you both know for certain now that Giovanna isn't all good," Dumbledore said, and I breathed in shakily. "There will come a time where, yes, you will join the Dark Lord's side."

"No-" I tried, but the headmaster cut me off.

"However, you will get the chance to make a choice after you do so. A choice between what is right and what is easy. And it will be up to you, at that time and that time only, to decide." He finished.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Harry asked.

"For the same reason you two tried to save Sirius. The same reason your friends saved the both of you. After all these years, after all you've suffered, I didn't want to cause either of you any more pain." Dumbledore told us. "I care too much about you two."

Harry and I finished up in Dumbledore's office and went to retrieve our belongings so we could meet up with everyone else to go to the train. Harry was looking at me in a weird way.

"Harry I'm not going to turn and run to Voldemort's doorstep and sell you out and have you killed," I sighed. 

"You heard the prophecy. You're going to join him at some point," Harry said, sounding devastated.

"Yes, but I'll most likely have good reason for it! And you heard Dumbledore, I'll have the chance to fix it after," I frowned.

"Good reason, huh?" Harry glared at me. "You mean Draco? You'd join for him, wouldn't you?" When I didn't say anything, Harry nodded.

"He saved me." I said quietly. 

Harry stopped walking and turned to face me. "I just can't lose you. We don't have nay more family after... after Sirius," he took a deep breath, "You're my sister. My twin. I need you."

I threw my arms around him and held onto him tightly. "I love you, Harry."

"I love you too."

Harry and I walked down to the train station, catching up with Ron and Hermione. Hermione spared me a small smile in which I returned.

"I've been thinking about something Dumbledore said to us," Harry spoke up.

"What's that?" Hermione asked.

I glanced back and say that Neville and Ginny had joined us. I smiled a little at them before turning back to Harry.

"That even though we've got a fight ahead of us," He said, "We've got one thing that Voldemort doesn't have."

"Yeah?" Ron smiled.

"Something worth fighting for." Harry nodded.

"Well said, Potter," I grinned. Harry rolled his eyes but grinned back. I said my farewells to the Gryffindors I wouldn't be seeing after the train ride, then found my way to Draco's cabin on the train.

"Hey," I breathed, leaning in the doorway of his, Pansy, and Blaise's compartment. "Can I sit here?"

Draco smirked at me. "Mmm... no."

I rolled my eyes and sat down next to the blonde boy. He resumed his conversation with the other two Slytherins as I leaned my head on his shoulder. Although he didn't say anything, he locked his hand with mine, lacing our fingers together.

The silver and green of our promise rings glinted in the sunlight.