kagehina

The sun was just beginning to set, casting an orange hue over the city. Kageyama and Hinata walked down the street, hand in hand, Hinata swinging their hands as he babbled about random topics. Kageyama wasn't even paying attention to the words coming out of the smaller boys mouth, he was just focused on the heavy weight of the small velvet box in his coat pocket.

Kageyama had planned to take Hinata out for dinner to celebrate their anniversary, but the restaurant had messed up his reservation so they had to settle for pork buns and a movie tonight. It wasn't a big deal to Hinata, all he wanted to do was to spend time with Kageyama. But Kageyama had planned to take their relationship just a step farther that night. He had finally built up the courage to decide that tonight would be the night, he wasn't going to wait any longer.

"And so I was like- hey Bakeyama are you even listening to me?" Hinata pouted, swinging the bag of meat buns in his right hand.

"What? Oh yeah, sorry." Kageyama shook his head and have Hinata's hand a reassuring squeeze.

Hinata shrugged it off and continued to talk. Once they got home Hinata immediately busier himself in the kitchen, shrugging his coat off, letting in fall in the middle of the hallway. Kageyama rolled his eyes as he hung his coat up properly.

"Hand your own coat up next time, dumbass!" He said sternly, but there wasn't any bite to his words. He had a fond smile on his face the whole time.

"Yeah, yeah! Hey you want honey in your tea?" Hinata called back from the kitchen.

"Yes please!" Kageyama said, taking the box out of his coat pocket. He slowly made his way down the hall and peeked his head around the corner.

Hinata was in front of the stove, waiting for the water to heat up. He was humming mindlessly, tapping his foot to the beat. Kageyama was in awe. Hinata didn't even have to be doing a ridiculous quick attack, or a super badass line shot to look beautiful. He could be doing the simplest of tasks and it would leave Kageyama breathless. He was wrapped around his finger.

Hinata poured the hot water into two cups and dropped in the tea bags, then he added a small amount of honey to Kageyama's cup. He stirred it, still humming the same tune. Kageyama swallowed the lump in his throat and stepped into the kitchen.

"Hinata?"

He hummed in response, his back to Kageyama. "I'm almost done, just gotta add some sugar to mine and-"

"Shouyou, could you please turn around."

Hinata stopped stirring the sugar into his tea, his face exploded into a crimson red. He rarely used his first name. They both reserved their names for especially intimate times, so this was very new. He slowly put the spoon down and turned around. His hand flew up to his mouth when he saw Kageyama on one knee, a ring in his shaking hands.

"Hinata Shouyou, I don't even know where to begin with you. When we met, I didn't think anything of you, I never would've expected this. But I'm so glad you stumbled into my life, you were the one thing I needed to keep going. I would've given up if you hadn't been there."

Hinata couldn't speak, tears now falling freely, he didn't bother to wipe them away.

"I don't want anyone else in your position, I just want you. You're my everything, Shouyou. You're my every waking moment  My universe. And I always want to be with you, so will you stay with me? Will you make me happier than I already am?" Kageyama took a shaky breath before finally asking the big question.

"Hinata Shouyou, will you marry me?"

Hinata flung himself into Kageyama's arms, knocking him off balance. "Yes! A million times yes! Oh my god!" He cried as he clung onto Kageyama, crying into his chest.

Kageyama laughed and hugged him tightly.

Hinata quickly sat up so that Kageyama could put the ring on him. Hinata was in his lap, staring at the box that was being held in from of him.

"It's beautiful." he said, breathlessly. Kageyama hummed.

Hinata held out his shaky hand and Kageyama took in, placing a soft kiss to the palm. Hinata looked down in embarrassment.

"Kageyama!" He whined and Kageyama laughed and kissed his nose, making Hinata giggle.

He easily slipped the ring onto Shouyou's finger. It was perfect. Hinata looked at the ring then back up at Kageyama. He pressed a kissed onto his lips.

When he pulled away he cupped the sides of Kageyama's face. "I love you so much, Tobio."

"I love you too Shouyou."