"Plain is best. Overly popular people are too much for me."

My three friends stared at me.

"What?"

"You're 'overly popular,' you know that?" Wheein pointed out.

"I'm not 'overly popular.' I'm just sort of popular."

"When what's this?" JB pulled out his phone and searched for something. He turned his phone to me and my YouTube channel came up. "You have over two million subs on YouTube. If that's not popular, I don't know what is."

"Yeah, and our acapella YouTube channel only has 300,000 subs, so you aren't helping us at all!" Wheein whined, but Kei punched her in the shoulder.

"That's not the point, Wheepup. The point is that our (y/n) has a crush on Ji-eun!" Kei was way too excited about this. 

"It's just a bit of an infatuation, Kei. It's nothing major." I pointed out, but she wasn't having any of it.

"That is something major!" JB shouted, trying to let the whole world know.

"Shut it, one-bite boy."

After enduring their teasing for another half an hour, lunch was over and classes resumed. 

Next up was geography, which I shared with no one from my friend group.

I reluctantly sat down at my desk and pulled out my notebook. Though instead of doing schoolwork or studying, I started jotting down potential lyrics for songs. Should I be doing work? Sure. Will I? Probably not.

It was twenty minutes into class when I received a text. 

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, so I pulled it out to see a text from an unknown number. I opened the text to see a short hello text and a YouTube link.

The text itself read "Hey (y/n). I hope this is you. I just got your number from your friend. I was wondering if you could listen to this." No name or any indication of who it was from. Also, who's giving away my number?

Like the responsible student I am, I decided to put my phone away and continue working on my music. Half responsible, at least.

It was after school I found out who was giving my phone number away.

Like usual, JB, Kei, Wheein, and I headed over to a small cafe near our school to talk about anything. It's usually about music and whatnot, but sometimes it devolves to weird rumours and gossip that make its way around the school.

"So I this weird text today," I announced and showed the three the message I had received during geography class. "Which one of you gave away my phone number?"

Luckily, I know for a fact that one of them is a terrible liar. If it was them, I'd know instantly.

My eyes went straight to JB and for a second, he looked very believable. But unfortunately for him, it only lasted a second.

He maintained eye contact with me for a second, but immediately looked down at the ground, unable to look at me any longer.

His shoulders slumped as he admitted to his deeds. "Fine. It was me."

All eyes shifted to the boy, but his eyes went to the table.

"Who did you give it to?" I asked. I'd rather know who has my phone number than just having someone mysteriously text me.

"I can't tell you that," JB stated. 

"Why not? It's my phone number."

"Can't." He zipped his mouth with an invisible zipper and dramatically tossed the end away. As much as he's a nice guy, he can be so stubborn sometimes. If he wasn't JB, I would've whooped him across the table until he told me. Knowing him though, he'd definitely be able to overpower me.