chapter 1: Wecome Home

Start from the beginning

The three exchanged a look and laughed.

"Pffft."

"Of course not!"

"Silly me."

Hermione brushed her wavy, chestnut hair out of her eyes, "We should change into our robes."

The redhead's blue eyes twinkled mischievously, "Oh, Hermione, once you have you're clothes off, holler for me, and I'll help you put on your robes, yeah?"

She stopped, freezing in place, "I..um... I'm going to go now." She turned on heel and left.

Ron grinned, "Totally made her blush. Do you reckon she fancies me?"

Harry rolled his electric green eyes, "Well you two have been dating for a year, so yeah. I hope she fancies you."

       {}

"I can't believe we're stuck here in this blasted castle another two years!" Blaise Zabini groaned.

"It's not that bad." Pansy muttered.

The trio walked past Filch-the sort of groundskeeper- and caught the scent of something nasty. The aroma followed Filch, making it clear that he was the carrier.

"Okay, it is that bad." Pansy glowered after the Squib.

Blaise glanced at Draco, his dark eyes curious, "You barely said anything on the train, and you're being quiet now. Anomagus got your tongue?"

The blonde looked up, realizing he'd been spoken to, "Oh. It's just..." He sighed, "Can't we try being a little nicer? You know, to everyone?"

Pansy stared in disbelief, "Slytherins? Be nice? To our peers? You're joking."

Zabini chuckled, "Honestly, mate, you were only gone for a few months. What happened to you? Did you get a concussion?"

Draco ignored them, and entered the Great Hall, grinning widely. The new first years were gathering around in the front, waiting to be sorted. The blonde wondered who would be joining his prideful house. How many would there be? Would they all be as terrible as the 6th years were?

"Okay, why are you smiling?" Greggory Goyle asked, appearing from behind the large entry doors.

"It's just... it's good to be back."

"Okay, you're acting weird. Don't go all Hufflepuff on us, okay?" Parkinson teased.

The group sat at their long, wooden table, amongst other Slytherins-amongst their family.

Then the sorting began.

"Marin Roselyn." Professor McGonnagal called.

A small, pretty blonde girl stepped forward. The hat was placed on her head, and you could see her eyes bulge as it whispered to her. Finally the Sorting Hat announced, "Gryffindor!" She stood up, and wobbled to the cheering table of maroon and gold.

One person stood out particularly to Draco, and he watched the boy closely, feeling a surge of feverishness and apprehension. He couldn't quite place why he was feeling these emotions, but the feeling refused to shake.

"Dayton Newman"

The boy walked over, his expression utter boredom. His dark black hair was being rustled by a mysterious breeze while his dark eyes flashed. The sorting hat mumbled, deciphering which House would be best.

"I bet he's a Slytherin." Millicent whispered to Pansy.

'Well obviously.' Draco thought to himself, noticing the dark aurora around the boy. There wasn't a chance he was in any house but Slytherin.