He sat quietly on his bed, eyes trained on his girlfriend. He knows. He knows what she was feeling yet he was too afraid to say something, deciding that he would wait for her to speak what was in her mind.

She sat down on the floor, disregarding the cold feeling the marbled floor emits as she began placing all folded clothes inside his suitcase. A few minutes after, a sniffle echoed around his room. Madelline tried to contain it, a hand clutching her throat as if it would help contain her sobs that were eager to escape her throat.

A hug was all it took before the dam crashed through as Madelline wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Jas, please. I don't want you to leave, I can't," she choked out.

It breaks his heart to hear desperation lacing her voice as she continued mumbling her pleas to herself. Jasper properly sat down in front of her, pulling her closer and cradling her inside his arms.

"I'm so sorry, darling," he softly said as he caressed her head. "I don't want to leave you behind but I cannot hurt my brother's girlfriend which also happens to be your friend."

She knew, of course, but she couldn't help but be selfish even just for once. Holding on to that one flicker of hope in case they changed their minds. She couldn't imagine getting through everything without him by her side.

He embedded himself too much in her life for her to restart once again.

You can't just jumpstart something out of the blue. That's just impossible.

"I'll make sure to come back right away to you, okay?" he quietly said as he nuzzled his face against the crook of her neck. "Wait for me, darling... please."

Madelline sniffled as she tried to catch her breath. Her eyes opened, her reddened eyes making Jasper's undead heart clench. He felt her warm hands cup his cheek as she stared directly into his eyes.

"Don't forget to take care of yourself, alright? Or else I'll search the world for you," she playfully narrowed her eyes at him, eliciting a fond laugh from the guy she was head over heels for.

"Do not punish yourself for something that you cannot control. You do not deserve that," her voice grew soft as she caressed his face as if he would break anytime underneath her touch.

Jasper was about to open his mouth only to close it when she firmly shook her head at him. "Wait, let me. If I don't say these right now, then I don't know when will I ever."

He reluctantly nodded as he interlaced his fingers together, still laced around her waist.

"You, Jasper Hale, are one of a kind. You made me happy and made my monochromatic surrounding vibrant more than ever. With you in my life, you make life worth living and I can't thank you enough for making love life once again. You may have been unaware of it but I've learned so many things from you and I'm continuously learning from you. Whoever's out there probably knows how thankful I am to have you inside my life and I hope you can see how amazing you are."