Epilogue

Epilogue - Three Years Later

"Jesus Christ, Nathaniel!" I cried out exasperatedly at having to chase my now three year old son around the entire household. "We only have a few minutes until your dad gets home! Come and take a shower."

"No!" The little devil grinned and continued running into the kitchen which was a danger zone for him. 

Nathaniel was Ethan's and I's first child together after we got married. I told him I didn't want to conceive a baby before marriage, and he understood with patience. Speaking of marriage, Ethan and I got married a few months after getting back together. We already we knew we loved each other from the moon and back and nothing would ever keep us apart. Legal documents and a ceremony just made us even more official.

My gynecologist told me that I'd be having trouble getting pregnant due to certain symptoms and for months, Ethan and I've tried until finally Nathaniel was born. Then a year later, our second son, Luke, graced us with his presence. We decided to name him after my dad. Now Ethan and I are expecting our first daughter and last child, hopefully if Ethan wasn't so demanding! I was due in four months time.

"Nathaniel, don't you dare go in there!" I exclaimed desperately. The kitchen was packed with cupcakes and a cake that Alli and I baked this afternoon for his third birthday party. I waddled into the kitchen to find the little stinker gone. 

"Momma! Momma!" I heard my a year and three month old son cry out from his play pen in the family room. I groaned and shuffled away from the kitchen to see what my other son wanted. This was one of those time where I wanted a nanny around, but I stayed adamant on raising my children myself and no one else.

"Yes, sweetheart?" I asked softly picking him up since his arms were outstretched. He didn't answer me and instead settled his head on my shoulder and cuddled closer closing his eyes. I sighed and let out a smile. 

I heard the front door open and walked a bit faster to see who it was and make sure it wasn't an intruder. I didn't need to see the person in the house, however, since I listened as Nathaniel exclaimed, "Daddy!"

"Hi munchkin," I stepped into view of the two mahogany double front doors as my husband of three years picked up his son. "Happy birthday, my little boy." Ethan looked up and smiled at me. He must have noticed my drastic look as he added in, "Have you been giving your mom trouble?"

Nathaniel shook his head vigorously and reached out his arms to his daddy. "I'm a good boy now Daddy." 

"Ahh, sorry munchkin," Ethan said apologetically. "I have to carry your baby brother since Mom shouldn't carry heavy things remember?" Nathaniel gave him a puppy dog face but relented. 

My husband walked closer to me with a sexy smile plastered on his face as he took the sleeping Luke from my arms. "Hi honey." I greeted him with a sweet and lingering kiss. "How was work?"

"I went to the dealership in Los Angeles today," he informed me and wrapped an arm around me leading me up to Luke's nursery which was on the second floor. "They needed me there today. I'm lucky I got to go home early for my little boy's birthday party."

Nathaniel squealed and dashed off down the hallway to his room. "You still need your shower!" I shouted after him but heard his door slam shut. I rolled my eyes. "Your son's still too young to be showing his rebellious streak. I thought once he turned three, his terrible two's would be over."

Ethan laughed silently and put down a sleeping Luke back in his crib. He stirred for a moment but then we both left after making sure he was going to have a continuous sleep. We walked back out into the hallway, and I fixed a slanted picture of Nathaniel and Luke on the wall.