Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

I woke up Friday morning with a small headache. Ugh, this is what I get for drinking a couple drinks. I can handle it the night I drink but the next morning, I always regret it. Imagine if I drank more than I had last night. I threw the covers off of me and grudgingly walked to the kitchen. It was then I realized when I was walking down the stairs that I was at my old home. I was greeted by my mother who was making coffee in the kitchen with her back turned to the entryway. 

"Morning Mom," I said tiredly going over to the cabinets.

"Good morning, honey," she said turning back around. "What you looking for?"

"Aspirins," I sighed. "I have a headache."

"Here," she said throwing me a bottle. 

"Thanks," I popped a pill in my mouth and took a drink of my mom's coffee and grabbing a bowl of cereal to eat. "What am I doing here anyways?" 

I really had no idea why I was here. The only thing I could remember from last night was dancing with Alli then... Oh. An expression of realization crept upon my face. Ethan. Everything from last night then came back full force into my memories. I must have been really tipsy to not remember the part with him. 

"Still need me to answer?" Mom smirked. I shook my head and took a spoonful of Cheerios slowly into my mouth. "Well, I'm gonna head upstairs to take a shower. Just go and wake up Nathaniel for a ride."

"Okay. Love you Mom," I smiled at her loving the fact that she's now retired and has stopped working. Although she's still not a hundred percent healthy but I'm hoping that this will prolong her life. A heart conditon can be really random and it proved to us that it is true. All throughout my high school, Mom's been having a few, small heart attacks and/or just occasionally falling unconscious. It was a terrifying thing for our entire family.

I quickly finished my bowl of cereal and decided to just crash on my bed, letting Nate get his sleep. I just decided to stay here last night because I was too tired to even make it to my condo. It was only nine in the morning but I called Alli anyways hoping she'd be awake. I doubt it.

It rang for a long time but finally on the last ring, she answered grumpily. "Hello?"

"Now you know what I felt yesterday morning?" I asked sarcastically.

"It was lunchtime when I called you!" She said exasperatedly. "Anyways, what do you want? I'm having a major headache here!"

"Okay, okay I'll make this quick," I said chuckling slightly to myself.

"Are you laughing at my sufferings?" Alli replied with a tone of playful anger in her voice.

"No, of course not. Anyways, can we change our plans for this weekend to Sunday?" 

"Sure. Why's that?"

"Well, er," I stammered not really wanting to give her the details yet. "Something came up on Saturday, that's all. Pick me up around four in the afternoon?"

"Yeah. Although I don't know why you'd call me this morning and tell me about it when it's not even that important."

"Oh, hush and stop complaining! Go back to sleep," then I hung up and hopped off the bed. I was still in my dress from last night and felt so unfresh and icky. 

I took the few steps to my brother's bedroom and knocked on it. "Nate! Wake up! I have lots of errands to do today."

I was about to walk away when suddenly his bedroom door opened and revealed a showered-looking Nate. I raised an eyebrow. I wasn't expecting him to be freshened up. "You ready?"