Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

This very girl I was hugging was the very same girl I was hugging fourteen years ago goodbye. Nikki was the other person who completed mine and Alli's trio back in elementary before she had to move for her parent's job! I can't believe she's here! I pulled away and looked at her face. She obviously grew out of her baby fat because she had high cheekbones and a heart-shaped face. She was taller than me by an inch or two.

"Why are you here?" I asked sitting down beside Alli who was already seated looking at us with a triumphant smile on her face. Nikki sat across from us, directly in front of Alli. 

"I live in Los Angelese actually," she said taking a sip of her drink. "I'm a dancer. I'm currently with Britney Spears as her back up dancer on tour but it just ended so I'm back here. I came back from a long world tour, but it was well worth it."

My eyes widened in appreciation. "Wow! A dancer?"

She nodded. "Mmhm. I've been living in LA for five years now as a dancer. I didn't go to college, much to my parents' dismay. They still live in Dallas." 

"So you and Alli have been hanging out for a while now?" I asked with a tiny hint of jealousy. 

"No, no. I actually searched for Alli on Facebook just hoping to find her and I did!" Alli and her exchanged looks of pure happiness. "This is our first time seeing each other but talking, no. We've talked for the past week on Facebook." 

I nodded my head understandingly.

"So, what's up with both of your lives?" She said and I told her all about how I went to New York for college and my business. Then Alli proceeded to talk to her about her life right now and since Alli was a talkative girl, I had to order for both myself and her to the waiter since she was still talking.

Then Nikki told us about how her life went after her move. From starting middle school and up until now! Then Alli and her talked about fashion and boys. It turned out she had a steady relationship going on and was excited for us to meet him. I smiled at her once she looked at us if that was okay. 

All throughout the night, I just sat back watching my two best friends in a long conversation. Between the three of us, I always felt like the third wheel. To be honest, when Nikki was still here, I always knew her and Alli were the closest ones leaving me out. For example the swingset at school, there were only two and both of them would occupy it which left me be the pusher for both of them. I was jealous all the time but I didn't dare say anything. They weren't bad friends. They included me in everything! Although I don't think they know notice that it was always them against me. 

If Nikki didn't move, it would always be like that. Alli and I wouldn't have gotten closer if it weren't for her moving! I know this is low for me to think, but I was actually glad she moved or my friendship with Alli wouldn't be like it is today. 

I piped in occasionally in their conversation when they asked me a question but I wasn't the one to say anything first without being asked. I silently ate my veggie burger since I wasn't in the mood for some meat tonight. I looked down at my watch and saw that it was getting pretty late. I was also tired and I wanted to catch up on some more sleep.

I motioned for the waiter to come for the receipt and the two girls with me looked in my direction.

"I'm heading out. I just remembered I have to do something early in the morning," I lied. "I'll pay, my treat."

"Aww, so soon?" Nikki asked. "We haven't fully caught up on things!"

"Let's do this again sometimes," I said forcing a smile on my face. "I'll let Alli give you my number and you can call me."