Chapter 6

I walked down to the library with my wavy hair on a ponytail, in my Saint Laurent pebbled Janis pumps. What ever Elijah, Elena, Stefan and Damon were talking about, they stopped when I got there. I went to the liquor table and poured myself a glass.

"Breakfast of the champions?" my twin brother called. I downed the bourbon and poured another glass. I brought it to my temple and exhaled slowly.

"Isn't it a bit early?" Elijah's noble old tongue asked. I chuckled and rubbed my forehead.

"I haven't had a hangover in over a 100 years, and yesterday I apparently drank so much that I, Mirella, got a freaking hangover." I turned around and glared at the gang under my brows. After I started the book I had gone down stairs and drank a little too much. Elijah walked to me, to a box.

"Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger... To the point of your death." My gaze followed Elijah. He opened the wooden box, which I hadn't even noticed because of my head was throbbing, and took a jar from it. I squinted my eyes at it.

"You changed suit. I must say I am offended," I looked at Elijah, whose brown hair was back in its place.

"And that's where you come in," Elena said looking at Elijah.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation," Elijah explained to her.

"So I'll be dead?"

"And then you won't."

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon looked at Elena. I couldn't believe this. I sensed guilt in myself. "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?"

"Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgänger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work," Elijah glanced at me as he explained. I swallowed as I noticed Elijah glaring at me once in a while.

"I'll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work, Elena?" Damon stared at Elena looking frustrated and made different kind of hand motions.

"Then she'll be dead," I shrugged and drank from my glass that was now half empty. "It wouldn't be the worst ending..." a smirk rose to my lips.

"How can you say that?" Stefan looked at me shocked. His dirty blonde hair messed up and the pair if green eyes, which I owned as well, stared back at me with pure anxiety. "She's a human being."

"Another reason why we shouldn't involve ourselves with this. She's just a human being," I said without a flinch. "Human lives are meaningless. And that is exactly why we should just try the elixir. We don't want poor Lena come back as a vampire, now do we?"

Damon glared at me and corrected his black shirt leaving. I chuckled silently while having Stefan staring at me looking offended.

What? I didn't want another doppelganger vampire hanging around. It was terrible enough to have to have Katherine. And her I had liked in 1864.

"Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?" Elena's question startled me. My annoyed and flat stare moved to Elena.

I took a step forward and started walking to the innocent girl who had a lilac t-shirt. "Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. He has his doppelganger, and if he doesn't have a werewolf, by tonight, he will."

I glared at Elena and Elijah before smiling. "Excuse me, I'm a tad hungry." I sped past them into the hall, where I walked to the path that went downstairs. Quickly I got to the blood bag fridge. I looked around; someone could clean the cellar. When I opened the fridge it lighted almost the whole room. I dug my favorite AB+ and grabbed it. I closed the fridge and turned around.