Chapter 2

I decided to head to the Grill. Because there was nothing better than a morning drunk. I had gone shopping yesterday so I had all new clothes. And new shoes, god I love shoes. This time I had black stilettos with a grey embroidery on them. I did a hair flip as I entered and made my way quickly to the bar.

"A tequila, and make it quick," I spoke to the bartender who just raised his brows at me. I cocked my head and locked our eyes, forcing him to bend to my way. "A tequila, now."

He was quick when I compelled him. Good. Otherwise a certain bartender may not be walking after pissing me off. I saw Damon in a booth with his personal blood bag Andie, and that history teacher Ric. Couldn't wait to go to school by the way. Oh yes, they made me. The bartender placed the drink in front of me and I received it with a pretty smile.

"Put it on Damon Salvatore's tab. I'm sure he has one," I brought the drink on my lips and brought the liquid down my throat. It burned gently, but I had gotten used to it already. I continued making my way through the bar, and joined the company of my brother and his toy. I noticed Ric was just leaving.

"Hello Damon," I smiled and directed my eyes to Ric. "Alaric Saltzman, the local vampire hunter. But I don't suppose you're that good. This town is infested with vampires."

"Alaric, this is my little sister Mia," Damon explained with a slight groan. I smiled and drank from my glass.

"Pleasure, I am sure."

Then Damon's eyes went to a woman with strawberry blonde hair, and a man in a suit. My eyes widened and a fearful expression crept to my face. I took a step back, but it was too late as the man that I knew as Elijah Mikaelson had come to our company with the woman. Elijah looked at me with intrigued eyes and I tried to keep my face on a neutral base. My green eyes were careful not to stare him too long in the eyes. I felt Damon poke in my mind, trying to question why I was so tensed.

"Hey, guys," the woman said and my eyes went to her. I shook the fear out of my body and offered my hand to her.

"I don't think we've met. I'm Mia, Stefan and Damon's little sister," I said after I placed the glass over to table. Didn't want her to think I was an under aged drunk. The woman smiled and caught my hand.

"Jenna, Elena's guardian. I didn't know you had a sister," Jenna directed her eyes to Damon who smiled uncomfortably. I placed my hand with a hard tap on my brother's shoulder. He nudged and stared at the wooden table with a vengeful stare.

"Oh, he's not one to brag." Next I moved my eyes to Elijah and smiled innocently. I hope he didn't come here because of wanting to kill me.

"Mia Salvatore," I introduced myself. Elijah took my hand and shook it with an intriguing and studying smile. He told me his name and I nodded, moving my gaze away. I knew he stared at me for a couple of seconds after our 'introduction'.

"So I hear you two had quite a meeting of historical minds today," Damon said to Jenna and Elijah. Though he was still poking in my head. Do you know him?

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." Jenna and Alaric were clearly a thing. I sensed the tension between them. It was quite obvious actually.

"Well, as much as I'd like to continue this, I've got papers to grade," Ric said with a sigh and started to get up from the table after putting down money.

"No, you know what? We should continue this. Let's have a dinner party," Andie said.

I hated her already. A dinner party with an original? What the hell was Elijah doing here anyways? Wait, it was because of the sun and the moon curse. He was here for Klaus. Oh no. I felt terror sneaking up on me and I had to fight to keep it down, to not to look like I was about to be scared to death.