Chapter 1

Breezepelt awoke the the smell of milk. Milk? What?

Breezepelt tried to open his eyes, but his eyelids felt weak. Why couldn't he open his eyes? What about the battle? Had the Dark Forest won? Or the Clans?

Breezepelt tried to stand up, but he wobbled. What was wrong with him? "Hello?" he meowed, but instead of his deep meow, out came a tiny squeak. Something was wrong.

A very familiar scent wafted through wherever he was. "Shhh, little one, settle back down with your littermates." it was Nightcloud!

Breezepelt tried harder, and managed to open one eye. He fixed his gaze on Nightcloud, who was larger than him now. He seemed smaller than before.

Nightcloud looked down at him, and called to another cat. "Look Whitetail! Breezekit's opening his eyes!"

Breezepelt let his other eye open. Breezekit? He wasn't a kit! He was a warrior! He turned to look at Whitetail, who was looking younger than when he last saw her, an elder fighting for her life, with wounds covering her body.

"Nightcloud, look! He has your amber eyes!" the white she-cat exclaimed.

Breezepelt- err, Breezekit now, bristled. He looked around the nursery, trying to figure out what was happening. Beside him, he saw two bundles of dark grey fur, and Breezekit's memories began to explode. They were his brothers, Fleetheart and Hootcall! Both died as young warriors, in a stampede of sheep. The sheep had killed his brothers, and Breezekit had only been able to watch. Now that he could see both Fleetheart and Hootcall right beside him, he purred. But remembering that apparently he was a kit again, he couldn't call them by their warrior names.

The nursery rustled, and Breezekit turned to see Crowfeather padding in with a rabbit. Breezekit bristled. Crowfeather had ruined his life. Was he going to ruin it too?

"Crowfeather, look! Breezekit opened his eyes!" Nightcloud informed her mate.

Crowfeather's blue eyes lit up. "How about Fleetkit and Hootkit?" he asked sniffing Breezekit's brothers.

Nightcloud shook her head. "Both are still sleeping." she responded.

Breezekit looked at his parents, confused. They got along? They actually loved each other? What was going on?

Crowfeather sniffed Breezekit, and the kit lashed out at his father, with thorn sharp claws.

Crowfeather purred. "He's a fighter already." He turned to lick Nightcloud lovingly. "They are the most beautiful kits I have ever seen. I love you."

Breezekit was shocked. Was this a dream? If it was, he didn't want to wake up.

He stood up wobbly and prodded at his brothers. "Fleetkit! Hootkit, wake up! Lets go explore camp!"

Breezekit felt a tug on his tiny tail, and he turned around to see a familiar she-kit. "I'll take you outside!" The light brown she-kit exclaimed.

Breezekit looked at his mother. "Can I?" He asked.

Nightcloud nodded. "Whitetail will keep an eye on you. Go run along with Heatherkit. I'll let you know when Fleetkit and Hootkit wake up."

Breezekit nodded before stumbling out of the nursery behind Heatherkit, the she-cat who would one day be known as Heathertail.

Breezekit was absolutely baffled; he was still trying to figure out what in the name of StarClan had happened. Had he gone back in time? He tried to think about what could have caused this... time travel. Then it hit him.

He had wished that his life had been better. That his father would love him. His wish must have come true! Breezekit put a smug look on his face. Oh this would be good.