Chapter 2: Hydra's Attack

Start from the beginning

"Where is he now, mommy?" Jocey asked quietly.

"I'm really sorry, but your father died before you were born. During one mission, he crashed a plane, sacrificing himself to save others. In fact, it's his birthday today. He would've been 34 today if he was still alive. He's still here with us in here," Peggy said pointing to Jocey's heart. "You must keep this a secret. A lot of bad people are trying to find you because you're his daughter and they want to use you for something bad. Only Uncle Howard, and S.H.I.E.L.D know this. No one else must know this. Do you understand, darling?"

"Yes mommy," Jocey replied.

"Good. I'll talk about your father more in the morning. Good night, Jocey. I love you," Peggy said and kissed Jocey in top of her head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Peggy told Jocey about her father, Jocey has been eager to learn more about her father, asking questions from her mother, S.H.I.E.L.D, and learning about him through history. She'd finally learned who she got her powers from; her father.

Peggy also told her about S.H.I.E.L.D when she was four, and at the age of seven she met S.H.I.E.L.D, Howard Stark and the Howling Commandos. Jocey was overjoyed at learning about the adventures of her father of World War II when the Howling Commandos told her stories.

Also at age seven is when Peggy started training Jocey in defense lessons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 15th, 1954

"What did you get on your math test, Jocey?" asked Owen. It was the end of week at school. Jocey and Owen were sitting at a table waiting for their parents to pick them up.

"I got a 97%. I'm sad, I was so close to getting a 100%, just got one problem wrong," groaned Jocey.

"At least you did better than me. You're like the smartest student in your grade and sometimes I feel like you should skip this grade. I passed though, getting a 74% thanks to your tutoring," Owen said happily.

Peggy came to the school pickup line. "I'll see you on Monday, Owen. Don't do anything stupid till I get back," warned Jocey.

"How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you," Owen snapped.

"Jerk!"

"Nerd!"

"Freak!"

"Slimeball!"

They then hugged it out, and Jocey went to her mother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6:00 a.m

"Jocey!" Peggy called out. "I'm going on a S.H.I.E.L.D mission. I'm going to drop you off at a S.H.I.E.L.D base.