Chapter 37 : Stubborn Decisions

Start from the beginning

Srishti kept looking at the ground. Without meeting his eyes. He watched her for few seconds and closed the door behind him. Her heart began thudding hard. As he walked closer to her.

"Srishti"he called her softly. Besides all the pain. She forgot herself in his voice. Her superstar. The one whom she admired the most.

"Can I talk to you for sometime?"he asked. She came back to her senses. And clenched her fists to keep her composure

"I know that you are in despair. And I wish I could ease you in any way. There's a reason for everything to happen srishti. If you would just let me explain....."he stopped as soon as she interrupted in between.

"Sorry to talk in between sir. I know this marriage means nothing to you. And you may have many irrelevant reasons. Justifying this. But none of this is right. This was a mistake. A very big mistake"srishti said. And tears rolled down her eyes. Jai kept mum. And let her continue. She needed to get it out of her. She didn't even stammer before him. That nervousness was no longer in her mind. There was only pain inside her.

"This is too much for me to take. I never wanted to force myself into your life. Because I respected you. But. No one even bothered to think about this. From my side. Not my parents. And neither your family"she said. He nodded his head. As she was right.

"But now. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. All I know is. I need to get out of this house. And your life. As soon as possible"she said leaving him shocked.

"Srishti. See I understand your situation. But. You have all the rights to be here"he said. She shook her head.

"I don't want to be here sir"he sighed. Understanding her situation. And decided not to stress her further. What if she leaves if he force her in any kind of way. He couldn't take any risk.

"I know you don't want this. Neither do I. But if you are not ready for an explanation. I'll give you time srishti. But you are my priority now. And I'm not gonna blow it. I promised your parents that. You'll be safe and happy here. And I'll make sure you will be upto it"he said. She kept mum without saying anything.

"You can use this room. I'll ask ma to...."

"No sir. This is your room. I should be the one...who has to leave"she said.

"But srishti.."

Before he could say anything. She quietly walked outside. Jai felt mixed emotions running through him. As he saw her walking outside. He sat on the bed and looked at all the decorations. Just like her. He was feeling suffocated as well.

Srishti took a deep sigh as she walked outside the room. She was feeling better. And relieved. Wiping her tears away. She wondered where to go. To disturb her thoughts. She felt someone pulling her saree stole. She looked down and saw Rishika standing there. All smiling. Looking at srishti.

She smiled back and kneeled down to reach her height.

"Hi"srishti said.

"Hi"rishika giggled.

"You didn't sleep yet?"srishti asked to her. Making her shake her head.

"Why so?"srishti asked.

"I fought with rishi. And he took my doll away"rishika complained. Srishti smiled. She was taken back to her childhood memories. Whenever she and viswank fought as kids. He always used to take her doll away. Her eyes welled up. She missed him so badly now.