Trauma

I do not own the cover art. Details in the desc, but long story short, the site its linked to is sketchy and im unable to find the original creator.

Veronica has just left her last day of school since the bombing of her ex, JD. The ghosts that have been haunting her aren't showing up anymore... sometimes she wishes Chandler would visit her. She of all ghosts visited the most. No, Heather called Martha a fatty and was a bitch her entire living life, why does she want her company?

"You want me here?" Veronica jumped at the sudden sound of a voice and frantically looked to where he source was. Left, right, no.

"I'm right here." A transparent Heather Chandler floated in front of the clueless Veronica.
"Heather, you haven't visited me for a while."
"Hah, you call haunting you visiting you?" She laughed.

"Well, the only other friends I have are Mac and Martha, haha, I really am going crazy, calling a ghost my friend..." heather pouted a bit. Then looked at Veronica with fake puppy eyes.

"So I'm not your friend? You seem to want me here."
"Hey how did you know that anyway?"
"I can kind of read your thoughts. Yknow, it comes with the haunting ability?"
"Oh great."
"I know right?" Heather seemed kind of happy with herself.
"Well what other abilities do you have?" Veronica pulled a smirk and leered at Heather.
"Well for starters-" a horrid cough came from her, then she wiped her mouth. "Damn it I'm gonna be coughing up fucking drain cleaner for eternity."
"Ah. What an ability."
"I know right..." the sarcastic tone she was giving off gave pretty bad energy.

"Wait. So can you tell what I'm thinking, like, all of the time?" The blue girl showed a sign of fear, clearly not from the ghost, but the invasion of privacy.
"Yeah pretty much." Veronica then thought over all of the horrible things she thought of and did.

"DAMN YOU ARE NOT INNOCENT! WHAT THE FU- HOW DO YOU EVEN-" Heathers curiosity definitely killed her if she was the cat. All Veronica could do was sheepishly look away, covered in a tint of pink. But then she gathered up the courage to cover the transparent ghosts mouth. To her surprise, she felt a force. Taken aback, Veronica's mouth wavered and she stumbled back.

"What?"
"Y-you're a g-ghost I shouldn't be able to touch you.."
"Oh yeah, that's one of the abilities I was gonna bring up before I was so rudely interrupted by the fuckin drain cleaner."
"It is..."
"I can change the form of my ghost, whether it's physical or transparent."
"Why do you have it as physical right now?"
"I uh don't know.."  the ghost looked away.
"Huh. Well how come you haven't 'haunted' me in so long?" Veronica whispered, realizing a few students were showing up outside the school ground with her.

"You really wanted me here," Heather chuckled as she continued to avert her gaze. If she were still a human it's sure she would be at least a small shade of pink.
"Well yeah. I told you I don't have many friends and you were one of my most important ones while you were alive, that is, if you believe?" Veronica bluntly confessed this, as if it was obvious a human wants to be haunted by a ghost that she accidentally killed with another person who's now dead, too.

"I was? I mean- of course. I was the queen of westerburg, that shit hole.... a greasy little nobody like you would obviously want me as your friend." The ghost covered her shock with pride.
"But now that you're here please don't come around when I'm with Martha or Mac... I don't want to lose them too. A few people already think I'm crazy." The girl put on her hoodie to hide her embarrassment.

"No! It's fun to mess around with you! That's the point of haunting?" Heather scoffed.

"Please? I know I said you're important, but I can't live in isolation with a ghost." Heathers scoff was completely drawn back at this remark. If she was being haunted it would suck- wait, empathy? Since when did she feel empathy?

"Fine whatever. It doesn't even matter anyway. But I get to haunt you every other time alright? And, since I can read your thoughts, we can talk even during class!" The ghost looked as if she had a lightbulb go off when she referred to the school scenario. Unknowingly, Heather had just made a deal to hang out with Veronica all of the time. Why did she want to hang out with her?

Oh oh. To mess with her, right? Nothing else. Nothing. Right?