[GN] Sakura (IZ*ONE) - Bright Lights and Date Nights

Start from the beginning

"Maybe a little." Sakura proceeded to fold up her napkin neatly before ordering another serving of ramen.

Forty-five minutes and three more bowls of ramen later, the two of us left the ramen shop hand in hand. The man who ran the place was kind enough to put the other servings of the noodles on the house, having us only pay for the two bowls we had initially ordered.

"Wow, that was good..." Sakura patted her stomach, absolutely satisfied with lunch. She then proceeded to jokingly push out her belly. "Ugh! I think I might be pregnant!"

I placed a hand on her stomach and rubbed it. "Oh! I think I felt it kick!"

Laughter followed where we walked as Sakura guided me to where we were going to be hanging out today. I still have my money on going to an arcade, but the direction of the usual arcade we go to for dates was the opposite way.

The two of us were walking and talking for a solid twenty minutes and with no end in sight, I was starting to get a little confused. "Sakura, are you sure we aren't lost?"

"Don't worry about it!" She threw an arm around my shoulder and pointed ahead. "Just a few more blocks and we'll be there!"

The girl was extremely excited, clear by the adorable hop in her step and her little impatient tugs on my arm when she thought I was walking too slow. Though I was in fact walking slower than usual. I just wanted to watch my girlfriend happily skip around in front of me.

Her smile never left her face as she hurriedly tugged on my sleeve. "It's right around the corner! Are you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

The two of us ended up walking a fair distance into a section of Fukuoka I never visited. It's not a bad area or anything, in fact, it's flourishing pretty nicely. A small university sat in the district's core and a lot of mom and pop stores were scattered around, along with the more well-known department and convenience stores. It's just not an area I would frequently walk though since I have no business here.

Today was different though since Sakura's excitement and eagerness brought me here. I couldn't fight it though. She's simply too cute to say no to.

"And here we are!" Sakura proudly announced as we arrived at the destination. Too absorbed in my thoughts, I didn't even notice the giant neon sign that jutted out of the building in front of me until Sakura pointed up at it.

Even in the daytime, the neon sign glowed a subtle blue and red, letting everyone passing by know exactly what this building was. "There was an arcade here?"

"Yup!" Excitement continued to ooze out of the girl as she pulled open the front doors and dragged me in.

Inside was exactly what you'd expect from an arcade, though it wasn't busy at all. The atmosphere though was still the same. Bright, flashing lights and the sound loud music and effects from the arcade cabinets filled the large room inside.

"How'd you find this place?" I asked Sakura. She wasn't one to go out and find places on her own. If anything, her daily routine consists of two locations: her apartment and the practice studio.

"We performed in the area not too long ago. Oh! Remember when I said something about Fukuoka being bigger than I ever thought?"

"Yeah. Is this what you meant?"

"Mhm!" Sakura nodded proudly. I can't tell if she's proud that she found another arcade to go to or just the fact that she went out to find a location on her own. "Oh! And Hirona found a really good udon place nearby! We should go there after we're done here for dinner!"