[GN] Sakura (IZ*ONE) - Bright Lights and Date Nights

Start from the beginning

"Hey Kkura, taking (y/n) somewhere later?" Madoka asked as she stood at the counter with Sakura and I, coffee in hand.

Sakura excitedly nodded. "Mhm!"

"Arcade?" I asked, hoping I could get some confirmation on my hunch from earlier.

"That's a secret~"

"Knowing Sakura, it's definitely an arcade," Madoka added. "If it's somewhere else, I'll be surprised."

Sakura opened her mouth to rebuttal but ultimately shut it without saying a word. She, along with everyone, knew that it was true. Gaming runs in her blood. Whether it be her gaming chair at home or at an arcade cabinet around town, in front of a video game was where she was happy.

"C'mon Madoka, Sakura is a gamer. She needs games to survive and I'm not here to stop her from surviving~" I gave my girlfriend a playful nudge as she looked away, slightly embarrassed.

"I know I know. I'm just messing with you Kkura~" Madoka joined in, poking at Sakura's pouty cheeks.

"Anyway, since you're here, I guess I'm heading out." I stretched my arms up in the air and let out a relieved sigh. "Gotta get some food. I'm starving!"

With Sakura in tow, I headed out of the store in some casual clothes. The work uniforms aren't overly stuffy or anything, but being in your own clothes is infinitely better than having to wear some getup for work.

"Anywhere you have in mind?" I asked Sakura as we aimlessly wandered the streets of Fukuoka.

Sakura tapped her finger on her chin for a few moments in thought. "Hmmm... Oh! How about that new ramen place that opened up not too far from here? Nako told me it was really good, though she has a tendency to say everything tastes good..."

"That'll work."

And just like she mentioned, it wasn't far at all.

A few minutes of walking later, we found ourselves sitting at the counter of a quaint ramen shop. Wood accented everything and the aroma of the broth made the place feel nice and cozy.

"Two pork ramens for the lovely couple!" The older man behind the counter boomed as he slid two big bowls of ramen in front of us, along with a few sides we didn't order. "And a little something something since you two look adorable together!"

I felt a blush rise on my cheeks and seeing Sakura in the corner of my eye, she was reacting the same way.

I managed to stutter out a quick thank you before the man simply laughed and made his way back to the kitchen to work on the next orders.

"So, what's the plan for later?" I spoke up, hoping to snap the girl beside me out of her embarrassed daze. Though, it didn't seem to be working much since she was still beet red as she stared down at the rich broth in the bowl that sat in front of her. "Sakura?"

"Hm?" She jolted upright, finally getting out of her trance. "Did you say something?"

"I was asking where we were going later." I chuckled at her cute and rather odd behaviour. "Also, eat up. It's going to get cold if you're staring at it forever."

Still a little flustered, Sakura fumbled around with her chopsticks for a bit before finally eating her ramen and once she started, she didn't stop. Like a hungry predator, she slurped up her ramen in mere seconds before proceeding to devour the sides at around the same time.

"Hungry?" I giggled as she calmly wiped her mouth with a napkin as if she hadn't just swallowed a meal in under a minute. When she starts eating, I swear, she doesn't stop.