Chapter 2

Today has been enough of a long, tiresome adventure and that was way before I even arrived at Ava's place. Tension boils and bubbles between the spaces in my ribcage. The ongoing stress makes it forth harder to breathe. 

"Someone tell me where Ava is! I don't care WHO, just tell me!!" 

Rhys nods, folding his arms behind his back, "Sorceress Ava went on an ER-AND quest with the prince. They should return before nightfall."

Oh, yeah. So great. Maybe I should just book a hotel room.

Leif, standing on a lean with one hip out, groans in agony. He looks to Rhys for an answer and holds his daggers directed at me,

"Are we going to kill her or not!?"

"We are most certainly NOT."

"WHY NOT?" 

Rhys lets out a sharp breath of annoyance, and I don't blame him. I have half a mind myself to give Leif another deck of my mind. A tenth to show him out the side of a broad window. 

"It wouldn't make sense to kill her," Noi pipes up, sitting on the side of Ava's bed, "Wouldn't that just make Sorceress Ava mad at us?" 

"Specifically you?" Pierce adds, looking at Leif.

The resident idiot slumps his shoulders after a quick in-thought debate over the matter. The topic of my life being tossed around the room so freely is starting to piss me off. No one in their right minds would like the topic 'to be killed or not to be' floating around. They even have the audacity to do it like I'm not even here!

"Noi is right. The death of someone in Ava's family provoke her to betray Prince Ash. Not only that, but we have no idea if this human," He gestures to me, "Is as powerful as the Sorceress."

Leif's gaze snaps to me, deranged and mad as all hell. He raises his blade and starts marching toward me with speed. He places the edge of his blade under my chin and I swipe it away, knowing now that the cold press is real. A real blade, and a real fiery temper to this one. Not a problematic combination at all.

"Are you a powerful human?" Leif growls, invading my space even more so now. 

"Wanna piss me off and find out?" I snarl back at him, grinning. 

He seems to take that as an excitement, a challenge. He looks back at the others with a second sense of eagerness and points at me with his index finger.

"Let me kill her." 

"NO."

Leif throws his hands up in frustration and marches away from me. 

Noi moves to Pierce's side and whispers, "I think she might be even stronger than Ava."

I roll my eyes and face Rhys. He seems sensible enough, maybe I can pick his brain until Ava gets back.

"Can I ask you a few questions?" 

(editing in progress- this was the cut off [point] had to start getting ready for work)

He hums, tapping his forearm as he considers it.

"You may. So long as we may ask you things in turn. Let it be an exchange of information on both parts."

"...Fair enough. I'll let you ask the first question. Consider it my generous act for the day." 

Rhys and Pierce nod, solemnly. 

"Of course. I ask your name, and that is all for the first query." 

My arms tighten around my chest, crossed and