Chapter 9

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------

Leif groans loudly, tilting his head back.

"Why can't we come with you???"

I put on my coat as the outside rain comes down a little harder. Taking the umbrella that belongs to Ava off the hooks, I turn to see all five boys giving me pleading looks.

"Because. Where I'm going is boring. You guys wouldn't like it."

"But, Lady Juliett, I'm positive we would enjoy wherever it is that you are headed." Rhys attempts to persuade me.

"Anywhere's better than here! We're always here!" Grumbles Asch.

"I know, I know. But you guys aren't exactly ready to be shown the world head on yet. And besides, I'm pretty sure you guys would freak out if you came with me. Especially Leif." I lie.

I let a deep sigh escape me, as I grab my coat off the hook by the door. But upon turning around, I find the five Daemos standing there, giving me the biggest puppy eyes I have ever seen. Aw shet. Why do they look so cute? Why must they be so cute??

"Please, sorceress Juliet? Will you take us with you?" Noi whimpers.

I gulp, trying to keep my composure. But ...

That fails.

And I cave in.

"Ugh. Fine. FINE. I'll bring you guys along-- on two conditions!!"

"Name them, then." Asch grunts.

"One! No killing or attacking anything!"

"What? That's so dull though!!!" Lief complains.

"Then you don't have to come."

Lief grumbles something under his breath and nods his head.

"Fine. No killing or attacking."

"Good. Second Condition! You guys have to do everything I say!"

"But what if--"

"Everything. I. Tell. You."

"I will do as you say." Pierce bows.

"Thank you Pierce."

"As will I." Rhys announces.

"Me too!" Noi smiles at me.

I feel a small lump in my throat as I stare into Noi's sparkling eyes. I groan.

"Ok. That's all. If you guys can do these two things, then yeah you can come. But you guys better hurry up and get your normal clothes on."

"Yes! We can go!!" Cheers Noi.

I laugh softly, amused by his excitement. Noi and Pierce are the first to run off to get changed into their clothes.

The others walk off a few moments later. I let out a heavy breath of relief, feeling as if they've been bugging me ...about coming with... for the past hour and a half. I'm just trying to settle my anger and irritations.

I plop down on the couch in the living room, waiting for the boys to return in their normal clothes. Noi is the first one back. He greets me with a happy smile, his chipper attitude still the same as always, and he comes and sits down beside me.

"Hey, Noi." I greet,

He laughs lightly, "Hey Juliet! What are you doing?"

"Waiting on the others? Duh?"