Expect the unexpected

Start from the beginning

"Oh, this is good," Pat said, looking at Pax.

"Isn't it always?" Pax asked.

"So, what is it?" Pat questioned.

"Presley covered for Eliza when she made mistakes on the job," I said.

Pat and Pax looked at me strangely.

"My dad ignored it," I added.

The two guys looked at me with confusion.

"And the douche that got Presley suspended slept with Eliza," I finished.

Pat and Pax did a double-take. "What?" Both exclaimed.

"Yeah, what?" We heard someone say.

We turned to see another guy standing there. The guy walked towards us. "Did I hear you correctly?" The guy asked me.

"Yeah," I said with hesitation.

Pat and Pax put their palms on their faces. The guy walked towards me as we faced each other.

"So, let me get this straight. This chick that our brother grieved over cheated on him and your dad said nothing?" The guy asked me.

"Yes," I answered.

The guy turned and walked away.

Pat looked at Pax. "You better call Payton before we have to call and explain to Pops why Park's in jail," Pat told Pax.

"You do realize Payton's temper is worse than Parker's temper?" Pax asked.

"Well, it screws those douches," Pat said, shrugging.

I watched Pax pull out his phone and call someone. I didn't have time for this. I needed to talk to Presley and left to find him.

Presley

Nora and I hung out, and I told her about what happened. Her response was less than favorable.

"He's an asshole," Nora said incredulously.

"I love my job, but it's getting worse," I said, sipping my coffee.

"Can't you find another station?" Nora asked me.

"Without a letter of recommendation, it will be tough," I answered.

As Nora and I talked, I saw Kaylee come into the coffee shop. Why was she here? She saw me and walked towards our table.

"I need to talk to you," Kaylee told me.

I looked at Kaylee, and Nora said, "I have to get ready for work." Nora got up and left the coffee shop.

"What did you need to talk to me about, Kaylee?" I asked.

Kaylee sat down in Nora's seat. "Why did you cover for Eliza?" Kaylee asked me.

I thought that question was odd.

"I saw the reports and the different handwriting. Why would you risk your job for someone's carelessness?" Kaylee asked me.

"Because Eliza was insecure. She wanted to work with me, hoping it would keep us close," I explained.

"When does it get to where it endangers your life? Presley, I saw the report from the fire. The Captain told Eliza not to go after you," Kaylee mentioned.

I looked at Kaylee.

"Look, there are some things you need to know," Kaylee mentioned.

"Presley!" Kaxon interrupted us.