14

THE TRUTH

*:..。o○  ○o。..:*

He looked just like she thought he would.

Even better in person, the sun glinting off his pale skin, and his curly hair falling out of his cap. He was looking at his phone, distracted from the fact that she was only a few feet away from him.

She came dressed plainly, her hair pulled back into two braids and a yellow dress hanging from her shoulders. She had been waiting for this moment.Taking a step towards him, she was ready to finally meet the boy she had been talking to all this time. 

But she was cut off.

A group of girls seemed to have noticed the handsome face underneath the baseball cap, because they rushed over to his table in a swarm of chatter and excitement. Without hesitation he greeted them all with a huge smile, obliging to their photo requests.

And then it hit her again like a punch to the stomach.

He's still a celebrity.

All those mixed feelings she had tried to suppress from earlier were swirling around her heart more than they had before.

What did she think would happen? They came from two different worlds, and once this day ended, he'd go back to his A-list life. without her.

Why'd she have to go and get attached.

Blinking back to reality, she realized he was still surrounded by the girls.

So she decided to leave.

There was no point to it, she wouldn't matter to him after this anyways.

It was better to rip the band-aid off now.