20. Epilogue

Ten Years Later...

Mara ordered her workers to organize the paintings that were placed in the middle of the room, while Allison observed how her work was being displayed in her friend's gallery.

Allison Reynolds was in the verge to become one of the most known artists in the United States thanks to her long friend Mara, who owned one of Illinois' most prestige art galleries.

"Everything looks beautiful, Mara. I can't believe this is happening," Allison expressed, hugging her, who smiled in response.

"Everything is basically organized. I just wanted to change the positions of some paintings. I wanted this one to be the first that everyone saw once they entered the gallery," Mara explained, pointing towards a specific masterpiece she created many years ago. It held a lot of emotions not only for her, but also for the rest of the group painted in it.

The name of the painting was The Breakfast Club, and it was a self-portrait of those five students, who became friends in a library, during a Saturday detention. It was the beginning of a new era with friendship goals waiting to strike.

"Where is Andrew?" Mara asked Allison.

"He went to take Little Johnny to my mom's place. He was being a little fussy, so we decided not to bring him tonight."

Allison and Andrew became very close in high school. They got married after both finished college and just a few years ago, she had given birth to their first son. He was named after John Bender, who was the godfather. Andrew and John became best friends during those last months of high school.

"Mara, can you please sign these?" one of the assistants said, giving Mara some documents. While she signed the papers, she felt arms wrap around her waist. Giving the papers to the assistant, she turned around to meet with those chocolate eyes that still drove her crazy.

"Hello, Mrs. Bender," John whispered in her ears before kissing her lips softly.

"Hello, handsome!" she replied, smiling.

"Everything looks great!" he said, looking around the gallery. He hugged Allison as she responded, smiling "I am so happy. Thank you so much for this."

"This was all Mara," he replied, proudly of his wife.

After a while, the people started to arrive at the gallery to observe Allison's work. Everyone was excited and well pleased with all the paintings. Andrew arrived not long after to be with his wife, the artist.

Later in the night, Claire made her appearance. She had become a fashion designer and lived in Paris, France. She couldn't pass on the opportunity to be here for her friend Allison. It was also an excuse to get the gang back together, after many years apart.

Brian was a successful CEO. He owned many businesses throughout the USA and Europe. He was also there, witnessing Allison's success. The group spoke, laughed and spent time together during that night. For Mara felt like old times. After that Saturday detention, they were able to stick up to their old friends, making them welcome their new ones. It wasn't perfect, because they still had a lot of obstacles that they had to overcome together, but in the end, they conquered it all. They managed to stay in touch over the years, reuniting every chance they got whether it would be weddings, promotions, birthdays and other important events of their lives.

"How about a picture Mrs. Clark?" one of the press photographers asked.

"Only if it is with my friends and in this very spot," she expressed, looking at the Breakfast Club.

"Of course," he responded, getting his camera ready.

The group posed. Together, they smiled. It was evident that their friendship blossomed after that Saturday detention. Each of them learned a valuable lesson.

Claire understood she couldn't judge a book by its cover. She was brave enough to stand for herself in order to stay friends with whomever she wanted.

Andrew learned to follow his own dreams instead of his father's. Allison became an honest person, who was grateful for everything she had accomplished.

Brian realized that life was beautiful, and he was going to live it as he could.

John Bender became a successful music producer. Every year he wrote to Principal Vernon, who couldn't be prouder of the man he had become, thanks to his lovely wife Mara, who always stood by his side for the good and the bad times. Each of them had something to be thankful for, but most importantly, they were glad their friendship had blossom to that day.

~***~

This is the end of this story. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to check out the rest of my work:

Rebellious- Motorcycle Club Romance|Crime|Action

Reunion- Synyster Gates FanFiction|Romance (If you don't know A7X that's okay. This story can be read as an original fiction too. (Rockstar, guitarist Synyster Gates falls for plus size chef, Lillian)

Love,

Christie Montero