01| Sturmfrei

The air reeked of alcohol and smoke

The air reeked of alcohol and smoke. A mix of whiskey, scotch, beer and the burnt, toxic smell of the cigarette smokes.

I felt like I was deep under the water. All the voices around me were muffled. My vision was obscured. It was like I was drifting back and forth into consciousness. My vision was alternating between blurriness and clarity.

Mahn! I was drunk, too damn drunk. I stumbled forward trying to find my two best friends.

Oh, Lord!

I promised myself that I won't get drunk. But, looks like I can never keep up to my words. If I go home like this, mama would kill me. God, I have school tomorrow. Today is Thursday.

Earlier this day, Astrid, Tori and I decided to go to a club that just opened. It was new around here. And to be honest, it's been a while since our fake IDs have been put to use.

All three of us were pie-eyed. I have no idea how we're gonna ride back home. Tori was supposed to be the designated driver. But, that b**ch decided it would be fun to play six rounds of beer pong. She was really good at aiming, hence, resulting in an inebriated state. I had, maybe, three or four shots. I am a light head.

I pushed past the wild crowd looking for my friends. As I was passing through, someone grabbed my wrist, pulled me close to a hard chest and started grinding against me. His hands had my hips in a bruising grip.

I was angry. Even though I was drunk, I had enough sense to kick him where the sun doesn't shine. He tumbled over in pain and covered his groin with both his hands and stumbled backward, cursing my whole generation. I ignored him and continued on my crusade to sail through the throng of people that were grinding, dancing their lives out, sucking faces, etc. , to find AK (Astrid) and Vic.

Where the heck are they?

When I finally reached the other side of the sea of people, I see Ak and Tori sitting in a booth just across the bar, each one having a beer bottle in their hand. They were both looking around for someone, probably me. I balanced myself and tried taking slow and steady steps towards where they were seated.

Just as they saw me, they started squealing like they saw Leonardo DiCaprio. They were certainly drunk as a skunk. I went over there and sat beside AK.

Upon my arrival, Tori started yelling towards a waitress, "Excuse me! Please bring my bestie here a beer, pleas-"

Before she could finish that sentence, I clamped my hand around her mouth and smiled apologetically at the waitress and asked her not to bring anything anymore. She nodded in understanding and continued with her work. As soon she turned, I turned towards Tori and glared at her, hard. Her eyes widened at my reaction. Soon, she morphed her gaze into an innocent one with her big blue eyes shimmering under the honey-gold light that was coming from the small, modern, crystal-chandelier.