He looked ready to attack but after blinking a few times he groggily asks, "Olive?" His eyes darting around the Impala again, "What happened?"

Olive tilted her head, unbothered. "I'm hungry."

Dean scoffed, hooking his hands under her armpit and dropping her in the passenger seat as he sat up to rub his eyes, "What time is it?" He mumbled.

She shrugged, "I don't know, I can't read numbers," She says honestly.

Dean looked at her for a moment and after a beat and a deep inhale of annoyance, he pulled out his phone. 3:34. "How long you've been up?"

"I just woke up," She fiddled with the sleeves of his jacket—which looked like a blanket on her. The hem falls just beside her knees and the sleeves at least a few inches over her fingertips, "I thought I was in the bad place, in the cabin, but I'm not anymore." She explained softly.

Dean's face softened, but his voice was urgent, "Do you remember what happened last night? With the demon?"

Her eyes widened, her face pale. Olive's light blue eyes burned deeply into his own, expressing the fear she wouldn't say out loud, "I don't want to re-nember it." She said lowly, "Please don't make me."

Dean exhaled softly, giving a hesitant nod. He might not know her, but he had a feeling that if Olive did remember what she did in that cabin, it would scare her more.

She was already skittish, looking around every once in a while in paranoia—like he always did.

Olive knowing would make it harder for him to explain. And Dean wasn't the best at comforting people. If she started asking questions, he wouldn't know how to answer them.

But whether she did or didn't remember, Dean didn't want Olive to understand it.

Maybe then she'll have a fighting chance at being normal. Something he and his brother didn't have.

"That's okay, all that matters is that we're out of there," He dismisses.

She nods. "Are you taking me back to my mommy?"

Dean's face dropped, completely forgetting about that part, "Olive your mom. . she's. ." He couldn't find the right words, but Olive thought she understood.

"Oh. ." She slumped in her seat. "It's okay."

His lips part in surprise, "Is it?"

Olive shrugged and leaned her elbow on the window, her chin rested on her palm. "She was only my mommy for a few months. . .it's okay if she doesn't want me anymore. Are you taking me back to the orphanage?" Except the word sounded more like or-fridge.

Dean fumbles out of shock, learning more things about the child was like a surprised pop-quiz, "What—? No! No." He says firmly, "I'm not taking you to an orphanage." He looked down at her, confused. "You're telling me that you got just recently got adopted before the car crashed?" She nods.

Dean bit the inside of his lip. She's been orphaned twice.

"She didn't leave you, kid." He states firmly, starting the car.

"Then where did she go?" She questioned innocently, looking out of the window as he drove out of the parking lot.

Here goes nothing, "She died." He explained, not meaning to come off as so blunt, "It was, uh, in the car crash she's the one who told me to find you." She looked away, her eyes narrowing as she tried not to cry in front of him, "I'm sure she loved you." He added unsure if that would help.

It didn't. All Olive ever wanted was someone who loved her. Her own mother didn't, neither did her father. She thought things would be different with Sophia, she had hoped things would be. Maybe she would finally belong to someone, to a family.