Well, I thought. After years of torment and and name-calling, I still have feelings for him. And when you still have those thoughts about someone even through their faults, that's love. You stick through them through whatever and no matter what they put you through, you still feel the same no matter what. I've never been in love before, so I don't know. Maybe I do. Shouldn't I just know?

"I really don't know," My voice cracked.

He sighed. "How do you feel when you see him?"

"My stomach starts to hurt."

"How about when you hear him?"

I shrugged. "Same."

"And when he looks at you?"

"I--" I paused, shutting my eyes tight. "I feel good. Great, actually. Like he's the only one there. Kind of like. . ."

I looked over at Alex, realizing that I'd just answered his question. I loved Austin. How? I don't know. I really don't. But no one ever said love was easy. Love is weird. It makes no sense at all, but once you feel it, it may take some time to realize it, but once you do, it hits you like a bus. Just like it did to me.

He wore a smile knowing that I'd just admitted to something I didn't even think was possible. I smiled too.

"I was going to go check up on Austin now considering no one else will. Do you want me to send him in here when I'm done?" He asked, getting up and heading for the door. I nodded. He left.

Time passed slower than ever and all I could think about was what I said to Alex. Well, I didn't exactly say it, but I thought it. And that was bizarre enough.

Finally I heard voices from the next room, Austin's room, and I scrunched my eyebrows and slowly stood up, wondering what they were saying. I pressed my ear to the wall, listening in on the conversation.

"Get everyone out!" A voice said, Austin's.

"Wait, Austin. What you said about Juliet earlier, I--" Alex.

"I don't have time for that! I don't care!"

Those words felt like a knife. He didn't care about what I said. Alex must've told him what I implied and then he said he didn't care.

He didn't care.

My heart sank to my feet and I trudged back over to the bed, sitting down on the edge. I didn't cry, I was just in a state of shock. I didn't have the time to think about what would happen if he didn't love me back, so as of that point, I was surprised I didn't break down right there.

The conversation subsided and the door opened. I stood up. Austin stood there, but he didn't look at me. He just made his way inside and then shut the door softly. Finally, he turned around and met my eyes.

"What the fuck do you want?" I spat, the anger showing through my body. I shut my jaw tight and felt tears burning in my eyes at his presence.

He didn't answer, he just looked at me up and down. It wasn't in a flirtatious way, but in a way that looked sad. It was a look I'd only seen from him once, which was the night on the dock.

This time, I felt no sympathy towards him though. I disregarded the wound on his face because I just didn't care in that moment.

"I said, what the fuck do you want?" I shouted, a tear slipping from my cheek.

Still, he just watched me. I didn't know what he was waiting for. Maybe he was waiting for me to go completely insane or apologize. I didn't know. But at that point, I just wanted to get out of there. I didn't want to be anywhere near him again.