Elijah's eyes glisten at the sight of his daughter. He stood up, leaving the empath alone by the table with their glasses, and neared his daughter who constantly shifts her weight in anticipation.

"You look so beautiful," he sniffs as he stops just right in front of her. "Your mother would have been very happy and proud of what you have become." He wipes a stray tear immediately after saying that before pulling his daughter into a tight hug whose eyes contain tears that threaten to fall anytime soon.

"Isn't it a cardinal rule to not make someone cry when they just had their make-up done?" she says playfully yet lets out a sniff.

Meanwhile, Jasper stood at the very back, still in awe at how exquisite she looked. After a century of existing in this world and meeting every woman in different eras, Madelline was the only one who effectively took his breath away.

He watched how her dress hugged her body in ways he could not describe. Her lips were insanely painted to perfection, lulling him into hypnosis. He saw how Madelline met his eyes eventually after having her moment with her father who clears his throat upon pulling away.

Elijah led Madelline to him and lets her hand go when she neared him enough. He could feel himself choking up at the gesture. He feels as if this was a practice before the two gets married. He furiously shakes his head at the mere thought, still not ready to give his only daughter away.

"I..." Jasper trails off, finding himself at loss for words when he sees her up close.

"Fuck, she's even more beautiful upon seeing her at this distance," he thought, completely forgetting that his girlfriend can hear everything, hence, the growing heat in her cheeks.

"You look absolutely gorgeous, darling," he breathes out as he takes her hand against his to leave a chaste kiss on her knuckles.

"You both are so cheesy, you're making your old man cringe," Elijah spoke up from behind them, earning a chuckle from the blonde and a roll of the eyes from his daughter. "Okay, now stand together and let me take some pictures before you go."

The two were eventually released by Elijah after what seemed like a never-ending picture-taking. Jasper walked around his car and opens the door for Madelline who smiles giddily at his gesture before composing herself.

"What a gentleman," she teasingly commented as she got inside.

"At your service, ma'am," he winks at her before closing her door.

Even just by the entrance, it could be seen how the place was filled with decorations—from top to bottom and from left to right. Pretty lights brought out different ambiances from the place, causing a smile to break through Madelline's face as she and Jasper neared the venue.