Chapter 29

(A/N)
Yes, have you washed your hands? Are you inside? What are you doing to keep yourselves busy? )

Jace dropped her off at her workplace. She gave him her number, but refused when he offered to come pick her up. She told him she needed some space. Jace wasn't too happy about it, but what could he do?

Riele was greeted by a very happy Mia. "Bella, you are safe" she exclaimed as she rushed to hug her.
"Where were you? What happened last night? We thought you were kidnapped.. Why didn't you call?" the brunette barely took a breath between her ranting.
Riele squeezed her hands again to calm her down.

"I'm sorry, Mia, forgive me... I didn't mean to stress you out okay. I hope Gianlucca wasn't too upset?"

"Mmm, No, to tell you the truth, I didn't see Lucca the whole night..and I was so worried about you, I didn't even think about him."

Riele dragged her into her office and locked the door.
"I ran into my ex last night, Mia."
Mia's eyes widened.
"Your ex? Do I know him"
"Hmm.. not really...or maybe..
You know that I played in a tv series called Henry Danger? And my co-star was a guy called Jace Norman?"
"And you and Jace..?"
"Yes. "
Riele opened her phone and searched for some pics on social media.
She gave the phone to Mia.

"Look, here are you two! Oh my..he is so handsome..and you are so cute" she gushed.
Ahh...you look so young. "

"We were 16 and 17 years in this pic"
"You say he is your ex. What happened?'

"...then I got the internship in Gianlucca's company and...we broke up" she finished.
"Oh, that is so sad, but he is back now?'
She nodded.
"Are you taking him back?'
"I don't know Mia, I'm scared."
"Do you love him?"
" It's not  that simple,Mia. He really hurt me. I have my pride too.
And I really can't concentrate on the show and him at the same time. You know how important this is to me."
"I know, cara"

Jace finally gave up the struggle between his heart and his head. His mind was telling him to stay away like she asked him and his heart was telling him to go to her. He had to listen to his heart.
So after lunching at a local restaurant he went to a flower shop, bought some roses and went to Riele's office. He bought some chocolates also,  to sweeten the deal.

Jace entered the building with the flowers and chocolates in his hand. He looked around hoping to spot her but after a while he decided to ask around.
"Excuse me madam, does Riele Downs work here?" he asked a stately looking woman.
"So, signor, that is her office."
He followed the direction of her pointing finger.
"Thank you'll he slightly bowed.
He quickly walked over to the office and as he got closer he heard a male voice. He knocked and entered.

"Riele.."
She was in the gigolo's arms, but quickly removed herself from his arms as she soon as she saw Jace.
Jace just stood in the doorway with an ominous expression.
"Am I interrupting?" he asked in a flat tone. He didn't even look at her but kept his eyes trained on Gianlucca.

The Italian was relaxed, not really aware of the tension his presence was causing.
He looked down at Riele.
"Are you going to introduce us?"
"Gianlucca, this is my long time friend, Jace Norman. He just came for the show. Jace, this is my boss, Mr Gianlucca di Cento. Mr di Cento's family own the whole building and as you know I am lucky enough to design for them.
Jace grimaced and nodded in acknowledgement but made no move to come inside.
Riele gave him the evil eye and he relented

He walked straight to her and held out the flowers and chocolates to her. He smiled and Riele felt herself relax

"I bought you these. I know the flowers I sent you the other day must be dead by now and I'm sure you finished the chocolates also..so"
Riele rolled her eyes.
Jace pulled her in his arms and hugged her.

Gianlucca cleared his throat.
"Uuh, Bella, I must go. Nice to meet you ...Mr"
"Norman"
"Si.. see you later, Riele. Ciao."

( Well, guys, what do you think of this chapter. Is  Jace rude or what? And why is Riele nervous..is she hiding something?)