Chapter 5 - CIWS go BRRRRT!

Start from the beginning

I braced myself as the planes came closer, my CIWs already finding their targets the Anti-Air missiles and RAM getting ready to fire and-

>>Stop

Enty: Ok why are we showing this right now? Shouldn't the fighting be on like, the near end of the chapter?

Author: Uh.. I don't know? Just thought it was cool.

Enty: ...

Enty: I'll just show what happened before this.

——————

>>Rewinding.. 3 hours ago.. (3rd Person POV)

Right after George's declaration, Wales moved up to the radio connecting all the megaphones on the island, relaying the Commander's message of the official declaration of war on Crimson Axis—which spurred most of the shipgirls in action, with some staying to defend if they need to. Unicorn and all the younger shipgirls on the island were ordered to stay due to lack of combat experience with the exception of a few like Enty who is in fact still asleep on Enterprise's shoulder.

"Are you sure that it is wise to let her be on the battlefield?" William asked Enterprise seriously, not being in the mood for jokes in the current situation.

"I actually don't know to be honest.. but I will be there to keep an eye on her." Enterprise stated glancing on the sleeping girl on her shoulder.

"If you say so.. but she will be your responsibility and any mistake that she makes will be yours as well." William nodded, massaging the bridge of his nose.

"I remember from what you've told me she has a similiar personality to you." George said joining in the conversation to stop the somber mood. "Stubborn, Battle addicted, but warm at heart. Like mother like daughter, I guess." George teased as he shrugged from the last statement.

"Wha- I am not stubborn!" Enterprise fired back red staining her cheeks, embarrassed from the statement.

"Gosh, you're so easy to tease big sis!" Hornet grinned and laughed as she joined in as well, tormenting Enterprise while Enty somehow managed to sleep on during the conversation.

"I guess some humor is acceptable even during this type of situation." William smiled as he started walking out of the office. "I'll be resting at one of the first rooms here, and girls?"

"Yes?" Every shipgirl present looked towards the Admiral.

"Good luck." William nodded as he left the room, closing the door shut.

After the Admiral left, a lot of the shipgirls are lost in thought about the situation there are currently in.

"Why did it have to come to this.." Hammann muttered dejectedly, upset about the whole thing. "We're supposed to band together to beat the sirens, not turn against each other."

"This war seems rather petty ya know?" Cleveland laughed as everyone had a chorus of agreements. "All because we do not want to use siren tech to improve ourselves." Her laugh turned to a full blown scowl. "Those damn furries (Sakura Empire) really don't like conflicting opinions, don't they?"

Everyone had a good laugh from the statement, specifically the 'furries' part.

——————

"AHHHCHOO!" Akagi sneezed as she stopped walking for a bit with Kaga noticing that she stopped.

"Are you alright, nee-sama?" Kaga asked as they continued walking around the Sakura Empire, feeling the calm wind and the cherry blossoms falling around them.