"Have you ever thought about becoming a History teacher?" I laughed and choked on my food when it went down the wrong pipe. "Are you alright?" He asked when he hit my back to make sure the food was out of my wind pipe.

"Yeah I'm good." I wipe my eye to get rid of the water that had spilled out when I laughed. "I just found your question incredibly funny."

"I'm being serious, you should be a History teacher. If it's money for the tuition I can help with that."

"No you don't need to pay for my tuition. I mean have I thought about it, yes definitely, it's just I'm not good enough to be a teacher."

"From everything that you just told me to have remembered that since you was a teenager is incredible. You have the capabilities to be a history teacher."

"I'll think about it."

"You will?"

"I will." I finish the last bit of my lunch and my coke and pull out my purse so I could put some money down for the bill.

"No, put that away, I paid for it all earlier on."

"I'll pay you back for my half." He stands from his chair and shakes his head as he comes round to my side and pulls out my chair for me.

"Nope. I won't take your money, think of this as a belated birthday present."

"My birthday was months ago."

"Exactly, belated."

"I'm going to give it back to you secretly."

"I'll give it right back."

"You're impossible, you know that?"

"Oh yeah!" He laughs.

****

The rest of the day went by quickly and here I was reading the same book I had earlier and getting interrupted again by Damien. "Really? I can't read my book in peace?" I sigh with a laugh.

"You can but I thought you would want to go out for a late night swim." I look up at the Ocean and then down at my book and repeat.

"Fine. Let's go for a swim." I put my book back down and throw my sunglasses onto the book.

"Yes!" I take my kaftan off and jump off of the edge of the decking and into the water. The freshness of the water wakens me up a little and I push back my hair and watch the reflection of the moon brush along the waves.

"It's beautiful." I whisper to Damien when he jumps in beside me.

"Yeah it is." I look at him and find him staring at me.

"I meant the water."

"So did I!" He laughs.

"I have a question." I say as I turn to look at the water.

"What is it?"

"Why did you come to the trailer when I left Rhys with you?" A sharp breath fills the air and I resist the urge to look at him.

"The day you came to see me was a hard day for me. It was the anniversary of my dads death, the sun was beaming down behind you and you looked like an angel. You were so beautiful and then I saw the little boy you was holding and it was like my whole life was complete. I was picturing a future with you and I knew then that I wanted to spend every waking moment with you, so I asked Mary-Jane to look after Rhys and I had interrogated her to give me your address and when she did I drove over there as fast as I could. I was picturing me knocking on your door and you seeing me and me telling you how much I love you and then you jumping into my arms and saying you're all mine. But what happened instead I wasn't expecting it and I was happy that I had come and I guess it was in time."

"You pictured all of that?"

"Marley, I see myself standing at the end of the road and crying as you walk down the aisle to become my wife. I see us standing in the back garden watching our kids run about, squealing and having fun. I see us growing old together. I see us watching our children graduate University and going on to have a life that we had. I see us watching our kids have our grandchildren and watching them get married. Our future is planned out in my head, whether it happens the way I see it who knows. But what I do know is that I want to spend the rest of my life with you, forever and always baby."

I wanted to cry, I really wanted to but I couldn't. My mind hadn't processed what he had said but my body on the other hand, had. I was in his arms the instant he stopped speaking, my lips were on his and our bodies were entwined in the Ocean. I didn't care if people saw, all I cared about was Damien.

Little did he know, I had been thinking the exact same thing he had.