Winners- Historical/Non-Fiction

Here are the winners for this genre!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Third place is awarded to apsararodrigo

Breaking our Bonds

Total Score: 83/100

Total Score: 83/100

Review by MissLacybee

Breaking our Bonds is a beautiful book. Its storyline is amazing, the tone of the writing is captivating, and I was hooked straight away. I loved the way the storyline was both classic and original, and the interaction between the characters was realistic. There was no sugar-coating any of the dialogue; Elizabeth and Joan speak their minds as free, independent women. The LGBT+ aspect was one of the most captivating things in this novel. It fitted the writing style well and created a beautiful, uncliched atmosphere for the reader to fall into. There were also minimal grammar mistakes. I do, however, feel as though there were parts of the story that were rushed. Within the first two chapters, Elizabeth has fallen in love, told her sister about it and claimed her sister's support. To a reader, this could feel slightly unrealistic - the author could consider spreading the events out slowly and going into more detail. This would both slow the pace down and help the reader to sympathise with the characters more. Overall, this is a pretty solid book. The author uses a well-balanced combination of description and speech, and I think this book has great potential :) It's a powerful mix of realism and emotion; well-done for crafting such a great book!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Second Place is awarded to oceanacamerons

Trace

Total score: 86/100

Total score: 86/100

Review by MissLacyBee

As soon as I saw this book, I could tell it was going to be good. It just has that kind of awe-inticing look that captivates the reader as soon as they lay eyes on it. So I began reading and found I was right; this book was really good. It starts off brilliantly and the aesthetics are beautiful. The characters are original and l fell in love with them straight away. Also, although the novel has quite a lot of sex scenes, they are balanced well with the other scenes and are very satisfying. The writer creates both a sense of fantasy and a sense of reality with the choice of words and... Can I just say that I smiled the whole way through reading? There's also a glossary at the end of each chapter (where necessary) to explain all the terms used throughout the book. Unlike a vast number of stories, the unfamiliar language in Trace works really well with the story and that the ratio of new terms to familiar terms is perfectly balanced. The writing is, overall, extremely well-crafted, with minimal grammar mistakes and an awesome storyline. I strongly recommend this book as a feature on people's reading lists :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And finally, First place is awarded to BlueRose_712

His Pomegranate Queen

(I couldn't find your cover.)

Total Score: 91/100

Review by MissLacyBee

The title of this book is instantly captivating. There aren't enough Greek Mythology stories on Wattpad, let alone ones that are as awesome as this. The idea of using Greek for the chapters is a brilliant one - especially as the author always includes the translation underneath. I found myself learning loads, by reading this novel, as well as enjoying it massively, and the author's take on the God's is both realistic and original. One of the things I loved most about this book is the way that anyone can read and understand it - whether they be obsessed with Greek mythology or not - and the beautiful originality of the entire thing. I smiled at times, I teared up at times... This was a fantastic read and I'm itching to read more as I type this. I definitely would recommend this book; there are minimal grammar errors, a great plotline and memorable characters... What more could a reader want? Furthermore, the description is very fitting to the time period and, as far as I can tell, everything is historically accurate. The writing is, as a whole, emotional, descriptive and unforgettable. This is going to stay in my library for a while, I think! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Congratulations for all the winners! You can find your sticker reward in the "prizes and stickers" chapter of this book.

To the other participants in this genre, please don't feel discouraged. You still have time to improve your writing and enter in our 2020 Awards.  If you would like to view your scoresheets, please pm us! Make sure you message us ASAP, because we might misplace your scoresheets if you wait for too long before asking us.

Thank you for all the participants for entering your book in this awards, and thanks to the judges for dedicating your hard work to judge these books!