First off, there's a guy willing to murder all of them to obtain his ambitions. Then, this unidentified hypothetical person who responded to their accidental smoke. There are numbers of hypotheses in her brain, thinking about every outcome of they would fire up the smoke signal. Her mind was making a mess out of her panicked state.

"You mean . . ." Yuzuriha said.

"Yeah." Senku replied, going towards the edge of the spring. "This is exhilarating." He said, not with his usual smirk, but a surprised look on his face. 

"I don't like the view from your face when you say it that way." The younger Oki said, hiding behind the older ones back. 

"There's someone else in this stone world." 

"More people?" Taiju mumbled. 

"W-we need to finish up putting out the fire." Yuzuriha said in such a hurry, going toward the springs, getting water from the springs. 

"That's right." Taiju said following behind. 

"No, Hang on." Senku said, stopping the two. "As far as I know that explosion could have been from a volcano." 

"W-we need to light it up even more before they leave?!" (Y/n) said, finally losing her composure, completely terrified of the negative results. "What if Tsukassan is already in this part of the world and finds us?!" She walked in front of Senku, almost closing the gap between them. She looked at him in the eyes. "What if that smoke really is a mere coincidence that is perfectly timed?!" She held him by the collar. "What if there really is a person but they end up killing us?!" She looked down, shaking, her teeth were gritted, tears were brimming in her eyes as she looked at him. "What will you do?" Her voice shook.

"But what if there really is a person there . . ." He coaxed, holding her hand that's having a tight grip on his collar. "That's not a killer and is really nice?" He lifted her face using his free hand. "What if Tsukasa hasn't tracked us down yet?" He gave her a soft look from him. "What if he did but he's too late?" He paused for a moment, looking at her with a determined gaze. "What if the person could be the key to civilization."

She blushed and looked away, pushing Senku away from him. "D-don't come off arrogant because I like you."

Senku chuckled at this new side of her.

"And don't go giving me that face." She said, walking towards the smoke they've created. "We need to put more power into our smoke, right?" She said, reluctantly agreeing with him.

"But if Tsukasa-Kun is after us . . ." Yuzuriha trailed off.

"We'll be doing him the courtesy of letting us know where we are." He said. 

"This is a double-edged sword that's full of what if's." (Y/n) said in a serious tone.

'The least logical part of me, My gut, is talking to me.' He thought. 'If we start a fire now . . . Which do I choose? Safety, or the future?' 

"What do we do, Senku?" Taiju asked. "Put it out or light it?"

He paused for a while, reluctant on responding. "Light it!" He answered. "Fire the smoke signal!"

==============================

"We're running out of gunpowder. Throw in anything that burns!" Senku said in a hurried voice.

"Hang on!" Taiju said, running off with Yuzuriha and (Y/n). "We'll go get some wood!"

Before (Y/n) could run off with them, Senku pulled her by the collar. "Not you, (N/n)." He said. "You stay and help."