To You

Jake's P.O.V

In the beginning it was only a simple contract, a deal made by a young helpless, tormented boy who wanted nothing but revenge on those who plunged him into bitter grief. he was only a child, but his hatred was so great one would say it was strong enough to kill a man, or dozens if he wanted. We first met when he was tortured, isolated and trapped within a cage like an animal with no hope of escape. Indeed, his hatred was so powerful that he lost the strength to believe in a higher power. His hatred also summoned a demon.

I remember his scream when i marked the contract seal upon him, i almost felt pity for him. Almost, for it is not allowable for a demon to convey feelings. We made a bargain and he offered his soul if i agreed to help him. That was ever the reason i served him, the reason i tied his shoelaces and tucked him into bed every night, being once a pawn and on his order a knight. Soon it will all end, i told myself, and finally his soul will be mine.

It was a quiet evening at the Estate, the only source of sound were the crickets chirping in the night, and the loud snoring from the head chef that amazingly didn't disturb the gardener or maid who slept peacefully in their beds. It had just reached midnight according to the grandfather's clock chiming in the mansion, and how high the moon hung in the starry sky, its' illuminating bright light looking almost eerie. Everyone seemed to be asleep, well, almost everyone, apart from the family dog who whined occasionally and looked up at one of the windows of the m anor which irradiated a glowing light.

A black clad butler held a candle in his hand as he silently watched his sleeping Master, Jake was Andrew's loyal servant. He stared at the Master who didn't make a sound, draped in his covers like a caterpillar in its' cocoon. It was a rather amusing sight, and after a moment of staring Jake decided it was time to take his leave. He walked away and towards the open door, but suddenly stopped in his tracks. Strangely, he found it difficult to leave the room, as if something held him back and forced him to stay. The door was wide open and inviting him to step into the hall, and once the demon tried again, he could only manage a small step and after that remained still. He couldn't understand why but an overwhelming feeling emerged in his body, a feeling that made his heart somehow beat faster, Jake grew confused; he was a demon who only craved for the soul of his master, so why was this happening? He turned his head back towards the bed and without realizing it the corners of his lips formed a smile.

His soul, how should i describe it? How would the human race imagine the taste of a soul? Well, take a block of chocolate and melt it with the richest cream. Then add a few essences and sprinkle some spices, and there you have half of his delectable soul. It's more like a four course meal to put it straightforward, made to the highest quality where the flavor of it could make someone drool like a hungry dog. Ugh, how i hate them. Those vile creatures just make me want to...ahem...excuse me. Where was I?

We demons crave for the troubled kind dwelled in darkness, mixed with strength holding it together and preventing it to shatter away into nothing. Others tend to be too sweet or terribly sour, or just bland to the taste. 

My Master's....his soul is different, his soul is a spice that sparked within my life as a demon, and i've come to realize that after two years of serving the other male was beneficial, in more ways than one. In truth i've grown rather fond of him as each day passes by, i was loyal to him from the very beginning, and my respect for him grew until the time arrived that i could think of him as a friend maybe. But after facing the crazy spider, i grew more possessive by the minute, we demons do not like to share. I knew full well that thief wanted his soul and i swore i would never let his filthy hands touch my beloved Master. However, apart from his soul, it was alos for another reason...