53

***

It started out with a kiss

How did it end up like this?

It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss

***

Maya leans over the table inside of their hotel room with a cup of coffee in her hand, waiting for Timothée to get out the shower.

The view from the small balcony was beautiful. It was the first time in the week where it was not planning on raining.

Although the rain did not manage to ruin their trip. They would like to be able to do something that would require no rain.

Maya was not sure whether this trip was making her fall in love with Timothée. She still hasn't spoken to him about it.

She's not even sure if they're even 'dating'. It sure feels like it. But there was no communication in that subject. Part of her wants to be the one to mention it first but if it changes everything.

It could make him realize that Maya isn't the person he wants to love.

Although love would not be the correct word to use. She was still unaware of her own feelings. He made her happy and feel almost as if she was loved. It's hard trying to decipher what love should feel like.

Noah used to say he loved her but love is not abusing your power. At least it should not be that.

The sound of Timothée opening the bathroom door startles Maya. She looks up and sees his curls are damp and sticking onto his forehead just like a few days.

Maya looks at his outfit, he's wearing a plain white tee shirt with swimming trunks. They both had made plans the night before to head to the beach today. Maya was already showered and dressed.

"I brought us breakfast for the bakery," Maya raises her eyebrows and smiles before lifting the brown bag filled with pastries. Using her left pointer finger she motions at it.

Timothée tries to hold back his smile, seeing her get excited over the idea of her buying them breakfast.

Maya was still feeling guilty about Timothée paying for half of the trip. She kept insisting on paying for the food and whatever they bought while they were there.

She managed to buy him the bracelet that Lucien and her talked about a week ago. Timothée still had no idea.

He walks over towards the table by the window, where Maya was sitting. Once he reaches her, he bends down slightly and opens his mouth. To motion for her to give him a bite from the cannoli in her right hand.

"Have you lost your mind?" Maya raises her eyebrows at him.

"What? There's more in the bag!" He stands back up and laughs. "But it isn't the same. This one just tastes better." Maya waves the half-eaten cannoli in the air.

"It's from the same bakery." Timothée tilts his head before putting his hand on his waist.

Maya looks up and maintains eye contact with him as she finishes the last piece.

Once she finishes swallowing the food, she gets up from the chair and places a quick kiss on his cheek before walking away.

Timothée furrows his eyebrows and grabs Maya by the hips, turning her around to face him. Her hands are resting at her sides, shocked by his action. While Timothèe tightens his grip on her hips as they continue to stare at each other.