16

***

No need to blow your cover

I'm wanting your love

Your love

***

Maya walks around her room scrambling through her clothes. "You could show up in sweats. Timothée wouldn't even care, he just wants to meet you." Alex groans and throws herself back onto Maya's bed.

She has been pacing around her room for the past hour trying to find an outfit to wear. But to her luck, Maya has found nothing.

"How does this look?" Maya twirls around in front of her mirror dramatically. "Amazing, like the other hundred times I've told you."

"What if I trip when I walk towards him?" Maya shakes her head. Shes just overthinking the entire situation.

"Maya this is Timmy. Forget who Timothée is, you're seeing your best friend for the first time." Alex rubs Maya's shoulders in a comforting manner.

"You're right. Okay, now help me with my hair. I can barely do a ponytail." Maya groans as she tries to style her hair.

"Only if you let me borrow your blacktop." Alex waves the shirt in front of Maya. "Yes, just remember to return it this time." Maya rolls her eyes playfully.

"Why would I do that?" Alex walks towards the bathroom with Maya following behind.

***

"You look beautiful," Alex tells Maya as her head rests on Maya's shoulder. "Thank you." she smiles and kisses Alex's cheek before running off to grab her bag.

Alex walks Maya to the door, "Be yourself, and most importantly don't forget to have fun."

"You sound like a mother." Maya scrunches her nose. "Well, I'm yours then." Alex motions for Maya to leave.

"I'm going, I promise." She yelps.

Maya exits her building and begins walking to the nearest subway station. This is the moment that she's been waiting for after finally going to see one of her best friends.

She walks into the subway station and gets on the first train that approaches the station.

The closer she gets to see Timothée the more nervous Maya becomes about what could possibly happen.

A million thoughts are racing through her head now, what if Timothée hates her.

Before her thoughts could get any wilder she pushes the thought of Timothée aside.

Maya gets off the train and takes her phone out of her purse quickly to look for the directions for the restaurant they're meeting at.

Once she arrives at the entrance of the restaurant it would be nearly impossible to ignore the brunette boy with curly hair standing in front. He's waiting for her, Maya must have been late.

But she couldn't have been, she made sure of it. Maya wipes her sweaty palms onto her pants and clears her throat before taping his shoulder gently.