Vampyre Elementary [chapter one]

Start from the beginning

"YOUR GOING AWAY WITH THAT DRUG ADDICT IDIOT YOU CALL YOUR BOYFRIEND ALL HE WANTED TO DO EVER SINCE YOU MET WAS TO GET RID OF -"

"NXYINE GRACE DANVERS DONT YOU EVER TALK LIKE THAT ABOUT LEE AND YOU ARE GOING TO THE SCHOOL NO MATTER WHAT NOW GO PACK YOUR BAGS THIS INSTANT THE FLIGHT IS IN A COUPLE OF HOURS" My mum cut me off, screaming viscously at me, Crap! Now my mum was angry. She rarely gets angry at me. But when she did world war three started.

Lee burst through the door then, with a smug grin of his face. I turned to look at him and was met with a harsh glare, which I quickly returned back, no doubt he had already heard our argument.

I knew my mum had already won the fight, my anger slowly subsided and I sighed, quickly averting my gaze, I bounded upstairs opening the door to my room, entering then shutting it with a loud thud.

We live in a small house, in Dartmoor near the country side, it only has two bedrooms but I didn't mind, it was a quaint little house and I loved it.

My room is also quite small, decorated with my own creations of paint. I love art, its one of the things that I can express my emotions in. Right now my room was splattered with dark colours, graffiti writing on one wall and all the others were covered with musical notes. There was hardly any bright colours on the wall's, it's only on a very rare occasion should I decide to use them.

I put my IPod in the docking station and turned it up. loud. The sound bounced off the wall's, blasting through the whole house, If my mother was complaining I couldnt hear it, and frankly I didn't care. Music is also one of the other things that I can express my emotions in, it had a calming effect on me, it was like it transported me to another would, with no cares or worries, just the music seeping into my skin, like rays of sunshine.

I grabbed my suitcase from under my bed and started packing, singing along quietly to check yes Juliet, I wondered what would become of my life at the boarding school, it was going to be my home until my mum came back, or even cared to take me back.

It took me over an hour to pack my suitcase, and I ended up having to borrow a spare one from the attic, In the end I had two suitcases filled with my clothes and shoes, one duffel bag filled with my toiletries and a small back for my flight, in case I got bored. It had a novel and my now silent Ipod stashed in there, I also had a laptop. Which was now packed in its case, sat on top of one of my suitcases.

I looked at the clock on my bedside table, 6:45 pm. Mum had mentioned that flight with be at eight. I blew out a breath that I hadn't realised I'd been holding and settled back onto my bed, closing my eyes as my breathing evened, entering a peaceful slumber.

My heart pounded as I ran through the forest, the dry leaves crunching beneath my bare feet. My legs were aching but still I ran forward afraid to look back. The air was cold and damp, my ragged breath fogging in front of me. I wiped the sweat from my forhead and slowed my pace, my feet cut and bloody, the pain throbing up my legs making it almost unbearable to stand.

A whimper escaped my lips as I heard a distant howl, seeming to become louder with every second. I speeded up my pace, the rythmic steps intime with my heartbeat. A cry of pain filled my ears as I came face to face with the dirt. I soon realised that the cry of pain had come from myself, and the panic inside me begun to rise as a twig snapped inches from my face. My head imediatly shot up to the creature that had made the sound. My breath caught as I stared into the face of the beast, its eyes gazing into mine, the alomst seemed...human.

My thoughts were soon cut short as its teeth clamped on my neck and the most excruiating pain took over my body, making me wither uncontrollably. I screamed earsplittingly as its teeth constricted and peirced my skin, praying unconciousness would come soon. I screamed again the pain much more intense than I could imagine.