Vampyre Elementary [chapter one]

okay well here it is, rewritten story, fresh start *deep breaths* and Im good. I really hope you like the new one, and I will be updating weekly, I dont know how many times, depends on my creative mood but yeah, I tried to make them as long as possible, because on wattpad it shortens the pages down so it doesnt seem like much, but really this chapter is about five pages, anyway enough with my rambling heres the first rewritten chapter (yay!) enjoy !

Vampyre Elementary

Chapter 1- cruising for a bruising.

"YOU'RE WHAT!"I screamed at my mother.

"Honey i know its come on fast but you have to listen to me"she pleaded. Her livid green eyes boreing into mine.

Well I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Nyxine Danvers or Nyx for short, I'm 5ft9 and have dark brown almost black hair, my eyes are a bluish grey with green flecks and I have a medium figure. Its not a great figure, nor a bad one, it just one that suits me. Im fourteen years old and I'm an only child, pretty boring right ?

My mum is Jane Danvers, she's smaller than me, she's 5ft 6, she is almost the opposite of me, she has dirty blond hair and light blue eyes, I wouldn't really consider her a mother, I know its kind of harsh, but she's never been there for me, always consumed in her whole world.

"HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ME TO GO TO A BOARDING SCHOOL HALF WAY ACROSS THE FREAKIN WORLD" I shouted ready to explode. My stance set, as if ready to pounce.

"Nyxine listen" She commanded, and I shied away from her, afraid she was going to hurt me

"Me and lee have to go away for a while, and with us going to be gone for so long and having no one to look after you we have no choice, and your uncle has kindly offered you a place at his school" she said calmly, looking directly into my eyes. I broke the gaze first, I'm always uncomfortable when she stares at me like that.

And what was this about an uncle, what uncle? And as far as I knew my mums family didn't know she had a daughter, and I don't know any of my dad's family.

"Uncle...what uncle?" I asked, my facial features muddling with confusion.

"Your uncle Tom, he's your dads brother"she said glancing around our small house, looking as if she had much more better things to do then explain to her daughter about her long lost relatives.

"I didn't know I had an uncle let alone that he set up a school" I said baffled, how could she have kept this from me. It wasn't that surprising though, she thought I was just a waste of space, another mouth to feed, an accident.

"Oh it must have slipped my mind" she replied, sarcasm seeping into her voice.

"Where do you have to go ? " I asked calming down slightly.

"Just to do business with lee and some of his clients "she said inspecting her fingernails for dirt.

By business she means dealing, Lee is a drug addict, dealing all over the world, after he met my mum and they had been together for a few weeks, he let us in on his little secret . I wanted no part in his little feud, but what with mum, knowing that if she helped him he would stay by her side, Jumped right in and started digging. But now she had dug the hole too deep, and there was no way to get out.

Lee was my mothers current boyfriend, they've been together almost 3 years now, but I never liked him. He always wanted to get rid of me since the day we met, he would beat me sometimes too, not that my mum noticed, or cared. I absolutely loathe him .

Ever since my dad left me and my mum when I was four, my mum was constantly on the lookout for a new man, and for years she would come home with a different man almost every night, but I learned to live with it. Me and my mum were never close and most of the time, I learned to look after myself so it didn't surprise me when she brought lee home.