Chocolate

The next time it happened, Mattia told himself that he hadn't done it on purpose, it just happened.

He and Kairi had made plans to hang out at Mattia's house on saturday night.

Kairi was most likely sleeping over since it was 8pm, he was at the front door, ringing the bell of Mattia's house.

"coming!" Kairi heard his friend yell. Less than a minute later Mattia was opening the door and looking at Kairi with his eyebrows raised.

"Your right on time how do you do it?" Mattia asked, jokingly.

"Im never late to things unlike you dummy" Kairi replied.

Mattia moved to the side so that Kairi could enter the house.

Together they ran up the stairs to Mattia's room. Once inside, Mattia took netflix off his Tv.

"I was watching a movie before you showed up but we don't have to do that. We can go live or play video games if you want" Mattia said.

"Okay" Kairi said, placing his stuff beside the door and sitting down on Mattia's bed,
Suddenly Mattia remembered.

"oh wait look," he said quickly going to his dresser
he went back to sit next to Kairi on the bed leaning against the wall and gave Kairi a KitKat.

"I was at the store earlier today and bought a pack of KitKats"

Kairi stared in confusion at the chocolate Mattia was holding in his hand. "But you hate KitKats" Kairi said.

Mattia snorted, "I don't hate KitKats, I just simply don't think their as good as Twix" He could see Kairi getting ready to have the same argument they had had a hundredth times already, so he continued, "None of that matters though, I didn't buy the chocolate for me, I bought it for you, Kai."

Mattia handed him the chocolate and Kairi grabbed it while staring at him, surprised.

"Why?"

Mattia had asked himself that same question when his first thought after seeing the comic book was to buy it for Kairi. He had come up with the answer, but he quickly shoved it to the back of his mind. He still wasn't ready to deal with those feelings yet.

Kairi's question brought those thoughts back to his mind as well as a blush to his face.

Mattia shrugged and avoided Kairi's eyes as he said, "What? Can't I just get my best friend something because I think he might like it? Jeez, Kairi."

"No, no of course you can. I just- you know what, never mind. Thank you, Mattia." Kairi said.

Mattia told himself that he wasn't disappointed when Kairi just smiled at him and began to open the chocolate, but there was only so many lies he could tell himself.

Mattia just unlocked his phone and started to scroll though twitter. He figured that Kairi would just eat the chocolate and start talking about things going on, but before Kairi took a bite from the chocolate he turned around to face Mattia.

"entertain me bro."

Mattia smirked at him, "Oh I know a thing or two we could entertain ourselves with."

Kairi rolled his eyes finally eating his chocolate, "Let's watch a movie instead of going live, Roshaun told me about this scary movie the other day but i hadn't had a chance to watch it yet."

"Sounds good to me. You put the movie on and I get the popcorn?"

Kairi nodded and Mattia went to the kitchen to make some popcorn.

Since Kairi's task was faster he joined Mattia in the kitchen shortly after. He didn't say anything, just stared at Mattia in a way..

When it became too much, he said, "I know I'm fucking irresistible, Kai, but quit the staring."

"You wish" Kairi said, but he averted his eyes. "I just. I wanted to say thank you for the chocolate."

"You already did."

Kairi shrugged, "I know but. I-"

Mattia turned, they were face to face now and Kairi was looking at him as if deciding something on his head.

Then he closed the distance between the two of them and stood on his tiptoes long enough to place a kiss on Mattia's cheek, "Thank you."

Mattia's eyes widened but before he had to decide what to do or what to say, the microwave beeped, signaling that the popcorn was ready. Mattia just stood there, staring at Kairi and feeling his cheeks starting to heat up.

"Uh, Mattia. The popcorn is ready."

"What?" he said, dazed. Then the microwave beeped again and he remembered why he had been in the kitchen in the first place, "Right. The popcorn"

Then he turned his back to Kairi, face burning by now and trying to hide the stupid smile that appeared on his face.

Ok, maybe this had been his plan all along, sue him. He was just glad it had worked.

______
Currently writing and pretending i don't got online school shit to do 😎
ᴋɪsss » ᴍᴀɪʀɪ | ᴄɪᴏᴜᴅᴠ