26

In a matter of hours I was in JFK airport. I needed to disappear, LA seemed like the only logical place to go. It was a common fact that I hated it there and nobody expects you to go somewhere you hate. I knew you'd hate it too, you'd hate the fakeness, you'd hate that no one was genuine and you couldn't form meaningful relationships.

I was in the bathroom and the news of your death was everywhere. Your story was big because you were believed to have been killed by her best friend who the world believed killed herself afterwords. My phone was blowing up with texts from your family, wondering how I was, if I was there, if I was the one who called the police but I couldn't answer.

Reece was beyond distraught, they were all filmed for the news report and he wore sunglasses to hide his tears. He was your rock and you were his, you supported eachother through everything. Justin told the reporter Reece's brightest star in the sky logic and he went on to say that they'd know the brightest star was you so it would be what they both looked for every night.

Charlie was quiet but then I saw Len, he pretend to be the doting friend, the one who cared about you, he talked about adopting Cody, I wasn't surprised but that man had so many secrets about what happened to you over the course of your short life, secrets that could've gotten Max convicted. He didn't deserve to raise a child. There was only one thing to do, and I know you'd hate me for it. But there was no justice for you, Honey was dead, I couldn't have Len just raising the boy that was supposed to your son. You were going to hate me but there was only one thing to do. Call CPS.

"Hello. I'd like to report a child in danger. Cody Johnson. The person he's staying with right now is associated with drug dealing and is on the brink of homelessness. I believe Len Watts is putting him in danger"

—————————— FIN————————————