Chapter 1

The music pounded through the walls of the three story house. Drink in my hand as I surveyed the room full of people dancing to the music. Some of them were already drunk even though it just started a little bit of an hour ago. Leaning my back against the wall in the living room as I took a sip of my drink.

This house was huge, it was a good thing that her parents are on vacation right now in the Bahamas, her parents were more sophisticated and would never in a million years ever agree to this. Lets just hope that they never find out.

Someone stumbled through the room with a beer bottle in hand, sloshing beer everywhere onto the black tile floor. Obviously this guy was drunk, and he almost got beer on my dark purple sweater.

Rolling my eyes as I took another sip of my drink. Yes I'm eighteen and I am in fact drinking an alcoholic beverage. But hey! I'm responsible, and I live in my own apartment.

You think I want to look like a complete fool not able to stand on my own two feet with slurred speech like the guy from earlier, What his name? I think its Gabe? I'm pretty sure that we go to high school together. Who cares, sighing as I took another sip of my drink.

My best friend just turned twenty and a group of us decided to throw her a huge surprise party. We all had to park a couple blocks from here. Boy was she surprised, the look on her face was priceless as we all jumped out in front of her in the living room yelling surprise!

But what made me really happy was seeing the joy on her face light up her eyes and her smile. Smiling at the thought of my best friend.

Seeing that my drink was almost gone, I made my way back into the kitchen. Turning around a corner and I bumped into a muscular chest Tingles spread everywhere. Startled I jumped back, looking up into the prettiest blue eyes ever. 

The man said something under his breath, unable to make out what he was saying. Making my way past him to get into the kitchen. Opening the fridge and poured my glass full again of the clear liquid, then made my way to the far side of the kitchen by the bar.

Sighing as I leaned against the counter, taking a sip of my drink. Who was that guy? I've never seen him before in my life, but he did have pretty eyes. 

"Carmen!!"

Turning in the direction to the sound of my best friends voice snapping out of my thought, seeing her enter through the archway doorway with arms open wide and a huge smile on her face. Walking into her arms, giving each other a big hug.

"Carmen, thank you so much! You are the sweetest friend anyone could ask for!" exclaimed Melanie while hugging me.

Letting go we went back to the counter that I was previously leaning against. Grabbing two beverages from the fridge across from the counter, opening both of them with a bottle opener with a pop. Mist rising from the tops of them from being frigid cold. Handing one to Melanie as I took a sip of mine.

The cold beverage felt good down my throat, noticing that it was getting a little hot in here.

"Jackson! Open that window your standing by please!" ordered Melanie with a yell obviously feeling the warmth as well.

Jackson obeying without a single thought opened the big window by the kitchen table letting a cool breeze from the winter weather enter into the house.

"So what do you think Melanie?" Looking her in the eyes with a smirk on my face as I tucked a strand of my blonde hair behind my ear.

"Carmen!! I love it, I was so surprised,  never would I have ever expected this!

Smiling as a thought crossed my mind: Mission Accomplished.

"I'm so happy you love it girl!!"

"Melanie come here I want to show you something!" yelled Ethan, Melanie's boyfriend.