The Late Lord Frey

"The scouts report that Lord Tywin moves North. We need to get him on broken ground, put his Knights at a disadvantage." Ser Rodrik said. Amaya gazed at the map from her chair, she hadn't said anything through this whole meeting, just listening and drinking a cup of wine. 

"No. We need to get around him and break Jaime Lannister's siege of Riverrun. Do that and the river Lords will join us." Greatjon said. Amaya nodded, agreeing with that, but there was a problem.

"To do either we need to cross the river, and the only crossing is at the Twins." Robb said.

"Lord Frey controls that bridge. Your father's bannerman." Theon Greyjoy said, nodding towards Catelyn Stark.

"The 'Late Lord Frey' my father calls him. At the Trident, he didn't appear until the battle was done. Some men take their oaths more seriously than others." She said. Amaya sighed, knowing the woman was right. She had once met Lord Frey and it was not something she wanted to relive. The man was vile.

"Robb's right. We need that bridge." Theon said.

"So what's it going to be? Do we move against Jaime? Or Lord Tywin?" Greatjon asked. Amaya sat forward a little, a plan coming into her head, but before she could voice it, two soldiers came into the tent.

"Beg your pardons, M'lords, M'ladies. We've captured a Lannister scout." At the soldiers words, Greyjoy flipped the map onto itself, hiding the plans. Greatjon chuckled.

"Don't worry, lad, he won't be leaving this tent with his head."

"Where did you find him?" Robb asked, ignoring Lord Umber's comment.

"In the brush above the encampment. He looked to be counting." One soldier said. Robb moved around the table so he was standing in front of the scout.

"How high did ya get?" He asked calmly.

"25,000 maybe more." He said. Amaya had to hide her smirk, this guy was off by about five thousand men, not that they we going to correct him.

"You don't have to do this yourself. Your father would understand-"

"My father understands mercy when there is room for it." Robb cut Ser Rodrik off harshly. "And he understands honor. And courage. Let go." Robb commanded. Everyone's eyes widened in shock and horror.

"Robb..." Catelyn gasped, but stopped when she saw her son's face, telling her she had spoken out of turn. Robb turned back to the scout.

"Tell Lord Tywin 'winter is coming for him'. Twenty-five thousand Northerner's march south to see if he really does shit gold." 

Amaya couldn't help the smirk that spread across her face at his warning. Greatjon Umber, was less amused.

"Are you touched, boy? Lettin' him go?" Umber growled after the soldiers left.