Let the Games Begin

(8 1/2 years earlier)

"You are nothing but a child. You have no right to rule over this Keep or this family." Warren Harclay barked at his ten-year-old cousin, Amaya Harclay, who was now the acting Lady of Blackhollow.

Amaya looked at her cousin, she was still very new to this, and was only ten. She didn't have any experience with this whole 'leading' thing, and didn't understand a lot of what went on in the castle, but she was learning. And she did understand one thing.

"Actually, I do have that right. I am my father's eldest child, that makes me the Lady of Blackhollow now that he's passed. It's you who has no right to lead." She stated harshly. She barely knew this man, what right did he have to come here to her home and force her out.

Warren scoffed at his little cousin's antics. She was a spoiled little brat who thought she deserved the moon.

"You might be the first born, but you're still a girl, dear cousin. Which, gives me the right to rule." He said, a smug smile playing on his lips.

"Actually, My Lord. The late Lord Callum wrote this before he went off to war." Maester Pikewell said, sliding a piece of parchment across the table. The Maester felt very smug as he watched the young Lord read the paper, telling him that he would not become Lord of Blackhollow if Lord Callum should parish in battle. His daughter Amaya would become the leader of their great House.

Warren Harclay crumpled the paper in his fist and threw it in Amaya's face. His features taking on a red tint to them as anger seeped into him.

"This House has stood proud for thousands of years. Never once has a woman been charged with leading it. And that will continue. A woman has never ruled over Blackhollow. And a woman never will, you little bitch!" He yelled. Amaya blinked and calmly wiped away the spit that had sprayed on her face before she stood from her chair. 

"You're right, cousin. This House has stood proud for a long time. But, this House is dying. Rotten from the inside out. And it's now my job to deal with that rot. Starting with the source. You." She stated, her voice deadly calm. She might be young, but she was not going to let this brat push her around. She had to show strength if she wanted her family to follow her.

"Your behavior and side jobs will stop, or there will be consequences. I will give you this one warning. But, if you ever come back here and speak to me the way you have today, you will not live long enough to insult me again." She growled.

__

Amaya pulled on the reins of her horse, forcing it to stop. Robb Stark had decided that they would make camp here for now. She was glad for the stop, her thighs ached from being on a horse for so long, and she was having a hard time keeping her eyes open from the lack of sleep.